So cross - how can people do this?

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Got a desperate phone call from a friend this morning, she'd been told about a couple of ponies and asked by the Common caretaker if she would remove them from the common land where they had been dumped last week. Common due to be cleared and these ponies were scheduled to be shot on Wednesday if no-one would take them. Someone just turned up with a lorry at the end of last week, ran the ponies round on long ropes with the traveller ponies who have been out there and then abandoned them.

So we turned out with trailer, hurdles, ropes, buckets of feed, carrots and anything else we could think of that might be useful. The two ponies are now safely at mine and the vet has been out to check them over. One is approximately four months old, a pretty Welsh looking filly foal with a terrible snotty nose and a bit of a wry nose, still with the remains of a sales sticker on her, the other is a handsome and well put together but aged Shetland stallion currently displaying colicky symptoms. Filly has been checked and we will keep an eye on her nose and check for temperature/breathing problems etc. Stallion, who is obviously very well handled, has had a shot of Buscopan and we're watching him to make sure he's feeling better, not worse. Both are interested in feed, both have had a lie down in their ample paper bed. They are still in together as the filly is rather nervous and they seem to like the company.

These two have landed on their feet, it's lucky that I have the space to isolate them, my friend will take excellent care of them and they will want for nothing but whoever owned them and whoever dumped them needs a bloody good talking to about their responsibilities.

It was NOT travellers who dumped them, the travellers whose ponies are already out there were less than pleased to have a snotty foal and a stallion dumped out with their mares.

*hic*

Visit site
Just to add, before anyone jumps on me for leaving a filly and stallion in together, this was done on vet's advice, filly is too young to be cycling and needs the companionship and someone to show her that humans are safe and friendly. Separate stables will be sorted by the end of the week but just at the moment they are best off together.

joeanne

Visit site
Poor wee buggers. Some people need shooting. Filly probably cant be arsed to treat and the old boy has outlived his usefulness.
Thank god you were able to give them space. :)

Littlelegs

Visit site
Poor things. Whoever did it should be dumped in the Antarctic, or somewhere else they are equally inequipped to survive. Scum. Lucky ponies to end up with you & your friend, & fingers crossed they are both well soon.

Asha

Visit site
Just disgusting. Poor ponies, no wonder the little filly is nervous. Taken off her mum way too soon, them dumped in a strange place.

These people ( and i use that term loosely) should be named and shamed:mad:

They can now put that behind them, and look forward to a great life, thanks to you and your friend:)

As others have asked - piccies please

Oh, and what have you called them ???

PoshDonkey

Visit site
There was a recent thread on Arabian Lines - someone purchased a Welsh pony from a sale, she had previously been sold a day or so before at a different sale with a foal at foot, but foal hasn't been traced. It may be worth contact as if this is the same foal the new owner of the mare would love to re-unite them.

*hic*

Visit site
There was a recent thread on Arabian Lines - someone purchased a Welsh pony from a sale, she had previously been sold a day or so before at a different sale with a foal at foot, but foal hasn't been traced. It may be worth contact as if this is the same foal the new owner of the mare would love to re-unite them.

I've found the thread but can't remember my AL login. If you have access can you contact the OP again please and at least find out if foal in question was M or F. Thanks

*hic*

Visit site
The mare's owner should now be aware that we have the foal. Unless she decides to make contact there's little I can do. However if you want to point her in this direction that would be fine.

Rueysmum

Visit site
Do you think it's the same one? Brilliant if it is! I have a log in at the IHDG so can ask them to pop over to this forum if you think it is the same foal. Are you near York/Holmfirth?

*hic*

Visit site
I'm north of Cambridge. We have no idea where the foal came from, but whoever dumped her must have known the locality round here.

Rueysmum

Visit site
Have copied this thread onto the IHDG. Have also looked on Arabian Lines and the poster there looking for the foal is the same person as on the IHDG.

The mare she has is Welsh, she was separated from her 3-4 month old foal at the Holmfirth sale and she also has/had the snots. Wouldn't it be brilliant if this could have a happy ending?