SO EXCITED! I have just got back from meeting my 10 day old puppy!

Nickijem

Visit site
I have regularly read and posted in all other sections of HHO but I can now join you guys!!
After being dog-less for nearly five years, we are now in the position of being able to have a dog again! A friend of my OH has working springer spaniels and his bitch had puppies 10 days ago. We said we may be interested as my OH would like a gun-dog so we went to see the litter of just 4 puppies.
Well that was enough for me! We saw the mother and father of the litter and they were all gorgeous.
I have had many dogs in my time, but never a springer and I have never trained a dog to be a gun-dog before so I may be coming on here for advice quite a bit.
We have already named her because a friend joked that he had had a dog called Rolex once ........................ because it was a watch dog!!
I said then our dog should be called Beretta or weston or webley (names of guns), then my OH just came out with Purdey - perfect, one of the finest guns and a pretty name for a little spangle dog!
We will collect little Purdey Pink Nose on 12th Feb but we can go and see her again on 30th Dec when we go for dinner at the breeder's house.
Will upload piccies as soon after that as I can!

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
Springers are THE BEST!!
A springer turned my dog/animal hating Daddio into the softest muppet ever! After she went my dad said he would love another springer and ONLY a springer........she arrives just after Crimbo and they can't wait!!! They have Crimbo presents for her already!

Cyrus

Visit site
Ooooo yayness fabby name too
laugh.gif

My pup thats coming along the end of next summer is already named lol lol

Nickijem

Visit site
My OH has just sent me the photos he took on his phone so will now post them!

Midge the mum and her babies:

22122009122.jpg

A pile of pups!

22122009121.jpg

spaniel

Visit site
Its just so exciting waiting for your pup top come home isnt it and what a beautiful name for your girl.

Lots of spangle people here so keep us all updated and next time take pics!!!

Nickijem

Visit site
Hi Slinky - I didn't realise there were so many spangle fans on here!
I am so looking forward to Feb 12th - but at least the breeder is local and a friend and he has said we can go and see the puppies whenever we like. I've a feeling he's going to regret saying that!!