So far so good on the new yard...

Fransurrey

Visit site
Thanks to those people who responded to my previous thread about being so scared to move onto a nearby yard. Probate for my own land is still up in the air and although I initially turned the livery down (wasn't sure they'd share a stable and there's no shelter in the field), the YM was struggling to find someone who'd fit in. So, I took the plunge, as she would be out of pocket by now, so neither of us had anything to lose by giving it a go.

I arranged to do a trial month and then make it permanent if it worked out. They moved on Sunday and I'm so chuffed at how chilled Chloe has been. Henry is already great pals with the neighbours and reaches up to give kisses to the 17hh beast who adores them both.

Today I decided to try them in the stable, since this is critical to the success of the arrangement. They both went straight in and calmly tucked into the haynets, making me look a right idiot for saying that Henry can be a git around food! Despite two nets, they tucked into the same one. As they've been so chilled, I took them on a hack ride and lead and although a bit perky when leaving the yard by the back field, they were good as gold (same hacking, so no change).

So, this might work! Early days, yet, but I was really surprised at how both they and I settled. My main fear is that they wouldn't share a stable, since in really bad weather I won't be happy leaving them out there with only rugs as shelter, but after today there's hope. Perhaps I'm not so antisocial after all...