So here's my new loan neddy

Hedwards

Visit site
I've taken on a loan (as per my previous posts) well a kind of part loan. He's a big lad at 17.2 as well as being a chunk monkey compared to what I'm used to! He's been out of proper work for some months, so is quite unbalanced, he has the most enormous canter ever, which I'm struggling to sit to, but I've ridden him for the second time tonight and I think we're going to have lots of fun.

I'm soooo happy, I hadn't realised just how much I'd missed riding, plus I still have Connie, it's all worked out so perfectly!

Here he is, William (not great quality photos I'm afraid)
9de6b19e.jpg

d65ed6e2.jpg

7705d06f.jpg

Hedwards

Visit site
Thanks everyone, he really is a lovely boy!

He's getting clipped again this week, so plan to spend a bit of time smartening him up a bit. taking him out for a hack at the weekend. Have lots of plans, and aiming to do a showjumping clinic in May time (once we know each other and I have some confidence jumping again) - so thats our 'aim'.

Oh, and because she had a bit of a strop last night as Willie was getting the attention rather than her (although i did spend a good 20 minute fussing her too!) here's connie this morning just after I turned her out!

f61bbbbc.jpg

lochpearl

Visit site
He really is lovely, how is he bred? I hope you have lots of fun with him and make sure you don't leave connie out, sounds as though she will tell you if she is feeling deprived lol ;)

Paddy Irish

Visit site
I had to laugh cos your first head shot made me think he looked like PI , but then i scrolled down and nearly spat my tea over the keyboard , OMG he's a chunk alright and gorgeous!!

Hedwards

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I feel so lucky all this happened now, when for a change I have a bit more money in the bank and the time to be able to comit to him (and Connie of course!)

He really is lovely, how is he bred? I hope you have lots of fun with him and make sure you don't leave connie out, sounds as though she will tell you if she is feeling deprived lol ;)

I dont know his breeding, I wont have his passport etc. as its only really a part loan, although I can ride whenever i want and I'm doing all his jobs daily! Just know he's a hannovarian x holstein - will ask his owner, although I have no clue about breeding lines of either of those two breeds...

He is just lovely - Irish Draught? :)

No not an ID, as per above hannovarian x holstein

Hedwards

Visit site
I had to laugh cos your first head shot made me think he looked like PI , but then i scrolled down and nearly spat my tea over the keyboard , OMG he's a chunk alright and gorgeous!!

He is a big lad that is for sure, although I have to say he doesnt feel that 'wide' when ridden, or at least my legs/thighs havent been aching after riding him!