So how do you explain to a dog that it is ill....

Spudlet

Visit site
...because Henry just doesn't get it! He is a bit quieter than normal but is giving me heart attacks by trying to get on and off the sofa under his own steam
mad.gif
shocked.gif
He has only actually managed it once so far... my brother was meant to be watching but found his gameboy more engrossing
mad.gif

If this is what he's like already the next few weeks are going to kill me!
crazy.gif

Can't wait for the staples to come out so I can relax a little! Only nine days to go (I hope).

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Is way he still on painkillers?
confused.gif
I find that my dogs will do what they want if they can't feel it hurt - so if he is still on painkillers I would stop them. I know it sounds cruel but their instinct will stop them if they feel pain.

Henry of course is also a spaniel so therefore has a very small brain.....
crazy.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

O and slap your brother anyway
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Spudlet

Visit site
He would stress in a crate, he doesn't like them when he goes to the groomers. He likes to be close! He is a bit better now we are back at my house but he does indeed have a teeeny tiny brain... I think he might also improve when we go back to work tomorrow as he will be tired (I hope!), and I can keep him on a lead while in the office so he will have to stay in bed during the day.

He has painkillers for another four days then I think he will slow up a bit. I don't want to stop them though as it is a big wound and I am worried that he will chew on it if it hurts him
frown.gif
I think it's just been an exciting few days for him and he needs to get back into a routine now and calm down a bit.

Hmph
mad.gif
frown.gif
while I was typing this one handed he has just wriggled out of my grip and off the sofa and gave a very teeny yelp when he did so I am hoping that
a) he has not done any damage (have examined the wound and externally it looks fine) and
b) that he has learned a lesson. Will be keeping him right off the sofa from now on - will just have to keep moving his bed with him from room to room!

I'm just really worried about keeping him quiet enough for long enough for it to heal properly - he is so high energy and he just doesn't understand why he can't be like that right now
frown.gif

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Sweep is the same!!
frown.gif
I am going to have to keep out of the brook/off the muck heap ie not let him out of the garden for nearly 2 weeks when he has his op
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
....He is having a course of aloe vera as it will help him heal quicker - but it will not stop him from being a pain in the bum - and he is 12!!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

Spudlet

Visit site
Things removed from Henry's gob today:

A lump of horsesh!t (nice)
A decaying bird skull (even nicer)
Several twigs
An entire wholemeal breadroll that he snaffled off our lovely volunteer when I let him have a leg stretch in the office for five minutes!

mad.gif

This is while he's on the lead you understand, and is still definitely feeling poorly as he tires really quickly at the moment!!!