So, I think Monty's Advanced debut deserves a post of its own!

star

Visit site
Took my little man to Pachesham yesterday to have a go at Adv102. This is something we have been working towards for a long time. The first time I did a Medium on him I thought I'd reached his limits then I managed to crack the changes so we did an Advanced Medium and I said I'd be happy if he got over 60%. Roll on 9mths and he cracked 70%. So having sorted the tempi changes I thought nothing to lose by giving an Advanced a go and most excitingly it meant I got to wear a tailcoat - a lifelong ambition! I said I would be absolutely ecstatic with over 60% but secretly was hoping for over 62% to qualify us to ride at PSG. Well, he only went and smashed that with 63.97%!!!! So, that is us qualified for PSG which is just the most exciting thing ever - I think I might just have to retire once we manage that! Never ever dreamed I would actually get to this level, let alone on this horse. He has the biggest heart but he's really not built for this stuff! He even got a 7.5 for his entry and a 7 for his 3 time changes amongst some other 7's. He only missed one change when I didn't quite get him back from a very bold extended canter. He really is my horse of a lifetime!

As a little treat we went and skipped round Tweseldown BE100 today. He did a 29.5 dressage, one down SJ when he got a bit keen and made most of the XC feel so easy. He wasn't even sweaty or puffed at the end! Just a shame they stuck a left corner after a 90degree right turn - total nemesis jump - he ran past first time, no probs 2nd time. Silly boy. Totally forgive him for anything right now though!

2016%2B-%2B1

2016%2B-%2B4

Pachesham%2BAdvanced.%2B21-05-16%2B-%2B7

Pachesham%2BAdvanced.%2B21-05-16%2B-%2B9

Tweseldown%2BBE100%2B22-05-16%2B-%2B1

Tweseldown%2BBE100%2B22-05-16%2B-%2B2

There are more piccies on my Facebook page - Nicola Holehouse Eventing if anyone interested.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I was stalking you on fb yesterday, saw how well you'd done! Those pesky left corners at Tweseldown though :mad: :lol:

Can't wait to hear your PSG debut report :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Ok, I have to confess, a few weeks ago I said to Sara in our lesson that you are my inspiration with a rather non traditional dressage horse. Massive well done. You have a wonderful relationship and it is always a pleasure to read your posts. x

star

Visit site
I was stalking you on fb yesterday, saw how well you'd done! Those pesky left corners at Tweseldown though :mad: :lol:

Can't wait to hear your PSG debut report :)

He's such a little ******! I knew it would be a problem. Left corners on straight lines are bad enough, let alone after a right turn! He doesn't even try, just skips round. Jumped it fine 2nd time. Can't be angry with him though. Just have to have a look at tailcoat piccies and am happy happy happy!

star

Visit site
Ok, I have to confess, a few weeks ago I said to Sara in our lesson that you are my inspiration with a rather non traditional dressage horse. Massive well done. You have a wonderful relationship and it is always a pleasure to read your posts. x

Was lovely for the judge to comment what great partners we were. He tries his little heart out for me. Am blessed to have him! Every time I think I might have upped the difficulty too far he comes up with the answers!

rachk89

Visit site
Very well done. :) I can't view the pictures as not on Facebook but watched the test on YouTube. It was very good for a first attempt you should be proud of yourself and your horse.

Bernster

Visit site
Just the most amazing combo. I don't even know what half those terms mean as I'm no dressage girl, but I think what you've done is pretty awesome!

Horsemad12

Visit site
Fantastic, can't wait to read your PSG report :)
As someone who doesn't know much about dressage, what do you need to crack to do that?

Tash88

Visit site
How amazing, I am so pleased for you both. A testament to correct and sympathetic training I think!

star

Visit site
Fantastic, can't wait to read your PSG report :)
As someone who doesn't know much about dressage, what do you need to crack to do that?

We need to be able to do a line of 5 three and four time changes, half pirouettes in canter in both directions, half a canter zig zag and just generally a more Advanced outline and way of going. Lots to work on!

Bernster

Visit site
We need to be able to do a line of 5 three and four time changes, half pirouettes in canter in both directions, half a canter zig zag and just generally a more Advanced outline and way of going. Lots to work on!

Oh easy peasy then ���� ! I was thinking what you need is a bloody good horse, a determined and talented rider, and a whole heap of blood sweat and tears. Am I wrong?!