So I went shopping yesterday....

amage

Visit site
And bought a fab four year old at Goresbridge!! Have been looking for a nice project to get stuck into and after having tried a few and then had them fail the vet I headed for the performance sales. It was very difficult to really pick out nice horses there yest. I was looking for something to produce as a show jumper and was really struggling to find something I liked. Then spotted a pretty bay gelding, not very big but a super walk. Watched him lunge then loose jump and he was class. Super canter, very balanced and blatantly loves jumping. He was then ridden under saddle so I decided to head in to sales ring but thought he would probably go over my budget. Held my breath and started bidding with my dad beside me....I stopped at my max and then horse went 100 more, then 200 more. They started counting him going once etc and I had a major internal panic then bang sold. For a split second I was gutted till dad announced he had bid. I was so excited by the whole thing I didn't notice him do the last very very subtle bid. Went outside then and got legged up for a wee play on him and despite being only 15.3 he rides way bigger. Got him revetted and he flew through with the vets commenting he was far and away their favourite all day. So I am now the proud owner of a gorgeous bay gelding by Ustinov X Taloubet. Rode him at home this morn and while very green he is incredibly willing and jump feels as good under saddle as it looked loose. He will fill out nicely and while he will never be a huge horse he is good looking with a super scope canter. The plan is to ride him away this week and let him see his new surroundings then I'm away on business for two weeks so he will get his teeth done and two weeks in the field as we have some super grass ready for him. Still can't think of a name....he has a cheeky pony face. Pics will follow when I get a chance....after all the excitement of the last 24 hours have to go celebrate OH's birthday tonight!!

measles

Visit site
You didn't tell me about your fantastic Dad! Delighted that you have got a super new horse at last and looking forward to following his progress.

B's second choice name for Bounce was Boing! (Exclamation mark inclusive). Sounds like it might fit your boy :D