So much pain with no actual accident

RubysGold

Visit site
Two weeks ago today I went showjumping. Had a brilliant day, and came away happy.
Following day my bum was sore. Strange place to hurt but I figured I'd pulled a muscle. Over the following few days it was a constant pain, and then it moved down to my leg, above the back of my knee for a few days and then settled on my hip bone.
On Thursday I went dog training, running round the field sent pain shooting up my back. But afterwards the pain in my leg/hip/bum lessened a lot. Now I feel ok unless I lean forward (walking under the washing line or riding under trees hacking are the most painful.
I had a lesson yesterday, walk and trot absolutely fine, canter sent the pain shooting up my back and I had to stop. We did a lateral work lesson instead

So it seems I need to go see a physio. I just can't understand how two weeks of pain can lead from having no accident. No initial pain or fall

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not suggesting this is what you have as I guess it could be a multitude of things. But I get a spasm in my piriformis muscle (in your bum!) from time to time and it is absolute AGONY with referred pain down my leg & into my back when it's bad. I can't sit in a chair or bend down or sit on a horse well when it's bad.

A good physio (and acupuncture) helped me sort it the first time and now I get a little warning when it's about to happen and I can usually stretch it out enough to avoid a massive flair up! So I'd say your physio plan is a good place to start.

southerncomfort

Visit site
As above, I get Piriformis Syndrome and it is horribly painful. Paracetamol doesn't touch it. Definitely go and see a really good sports physio but in the meantime if you have a look on YouTube their are loads of vids of stretches you can do at home to ease the pain.

Oh....and try sitting on an ice pack! ;)

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Sounds like sciatica, extremely painful, comes & goes & stems from the base of the spine, across the buttocks, normally one side & then down the back of the leg to the knee. I have isues with this for over 30 years & after lord knows how many trips to the doctors I was sent for physio. The physio said that as I had had the issue for 30 years it was a chronic issue & there was little she could do so I suffered for more years.

A couple of months ago I booked treatment at a Pain Relief Centre & after 4 sessions, exercising at home & using ice packs I can honestly say that my back has eased & I'm so much better. I will still have to go occasionally for maintenance but that's understandable. I was very sceptical when I attended but I shouldn't have been, what they've done is marvellous. I don't have my usual breakfast of Ibroprofin tablets anymore.

I will leave the link to where I went, I have no financial interest in the companym I'm just a very happy client.

http://www.atlaspainrelief.co.uk/

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
Might be hip bursitis? Symptoms sound very similar to the ones I sometimes get when hillwalking. I initially thought it was sciatica but GP put me right! In which case rest, ice packs and anti inflammatories.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
17% of people have their sciatic nerve going through the piriformis muscle and the pain arises when the piriformis muscle irritates the nerve. Pain can travel all or part of the way down your leg.I suffer from sciatica some days its worse than others, it feels like I have a clamp which is being tightened, that's the only way to describe it.Mine's as a result of a large prolapse L3/S1.I have a new mattress as my old one was too soft and I also did leg stretches including putting the bad leg on a mounting block whilst standing facing the block on the other leg and stretching forwards so the leg is bent and your foot is touching the back of your thigh which helped. You may have a slipped disc or partially slipped disc which is putting pressure on the sciatic nerve as was the case with me.Just a word of warning - you must go to A&E immediately if you should get 'saddle anaethesia' which is basically numbness around your private regions and bottom and inner thighs, bladder or bowel disfunction, (however minor) and sciatic pain.The first two are red flags for Cauda Equina Syndrome and this is a medical emergency.