So, my first ever dressage test!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Mooch

photobucket.com
As the title says, my first ever dressage test was on Sunday.

Lets just say things didn't go quite to plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prepartion all ok. (although my plaiting leaves alot to be desired)

Got there in plenty of time.

YO's very reassuring.

My nerves very high!!!!!! lol

Warm up ok and I started to settle a little more.

Dub's turns up for good old moral support.

Then the test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milly didn't like the school on entering as it has sky lights and they cast funny light patterns on the floor!! She thought monsters were on the floor waiting to get her! lol. Told her it was ok and she walked round fine.

Started the test and although not fantastic, it really wasn't terrible. Milly wanted to be on the forehand as per norm and was finding the school a bit slippy, so I slowed her down and after the first change of rein we were a bit more settled.

Que the first canter transition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two strides into it and this happens..................

rearlefthind.jpg
Left hind slipping

down-1.jpg
Down we go.........

going.jpg
Going...

going2.jpg
Going...

gone.jpg
Gone!

gone2.jpg

gone3.jpg

gone4.jpg

gone5.jpg

gone6.jpg

gone7.jpg

bugger.jpg
Bugger it!! Me on the deck!!!

Hence we were disqualified!! lol

As it was a low key thing, they were going to let me do the test again, but apon checking Milly she had cut her right fore with one of her other shoes, so we left the ring and went and cold hosed her!

We were / are both fine.

I don't have any of the rest of the test on film, as lets just say Dub's didn't press record!
blush.gif
As you can see she did get the fall though! lol

th_86e15c3d.jpg
Dressage NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blush.gif

Don't think we will ever make the best dressage pair, but I have come a long way in the last 2 months, so we will have another go! Their next comp isn't for another month, so it gives us both a little more time.

I've also got a McTimoney -Chorley lady coming out on Monday just to be 100% sure all is ok with Milly.

samp

Visit site
Oh dear, looks like you were both very unlucky, bet you were not expecting that to happen. You expect to be bucked off, horse to run off, spook etc but to literally go A over T, total shock. Sorry your horse had an injury, hope both better now, good slow motion shots though - perhaps try stunt riding!

Mooch

photobucket.com
Thank you, their next dressage isn't until September the 2nd, so it gives us a little more time to hopefully get it right.

YO's have kindly said I can take Milly up to their's and ride her in the indoor school, just to make sure she will be happy. (I'm sure she will though)

I'm even tempted to go and do Ridden Hunter on her on the 1st Sept, but we will see! lol

Mooch

photobucket.com
I was expecting to come last, with the lowest ever %!!! Not a bloody fall and disqualification!

Milly doesn't do bucking, running off, as that all requires effort!!!
grin.gif

Injury wise, if that is all that ever happens to her, I will count us very lucky!! At least shoes make nice clean cuts!! She is fine and has had no stiffness or lameness and has been totally unaffected by the whole event!
grin.gif

As for stunt riding!!!! I think not! Just glad I hit the deck from about a foot up! Coming off her nearly 17.2hh height would not have been pleasant!!

dianchi

Visit site
Amazing action shot piccys tho!!!
Bad luck and seriously feel for you, i also got dumped at my first dressgae test tho that was in the collecting ring, so can sympathsise completly!

Head up and look forward to next time

Mooch

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Amazing action shot piccys tho!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They are only stills from the video clip! We really can't give Dub's credit for any action shots lol
grin.gif

Sooty

Visit site
Dressage is often quite dull to watch, so well done for making the whole thing more interesting! Glad you were both relatively unscathed, just hope the nerves hold out for next time.

rara007

Visit site
Lol, still cant beleive how unlucky that actualy is! The odds of the horse falling on the flat in the middle of dressage, good luck for next time, hopefuly you will do better!

gemmaw

Visit site
At least your second time cant be any worse!! (fingers crossed!!!)

Is the arena close enough for you to maybe get someone else to hire it with you and do some schooling in there to get her used to it?? Might make her a little less worried next time!! Glad you're both ok!
smile.gif

Mooch

photobucket.com
Yeah, fingers crossed it can't get any worse!

The place is only about 8 miles from here. They have already said I can go up and ride her in the school.

So, the plan is to go up with my instructor once she gets back from her holidays. Armed with a watering can to water the corners!!
grin.gif

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
How exciting - at least the worst has happened so you can only go one way next time - up (I hope not literaly). I did my first dessage a couple of weeks ago, I was bricking it, but it went OK. It was my new years resolution to try competing and so far I had managed to find excuses not to go ahead!