So sad. I still can't believe it.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
On Sunday evening my beautiful, sweet, 11 yr old, IDx, Sasha, succumbed to septicaemia. She had cellulitis from a graze on her hind leg and was on her 2nd course of anit-bs. She had seemed to be going the right way, the swelling was going down and she looked brighter, happier and more comfortable.
We took her for a walk down the lane and at 6.00 pm she was grazing in-hand. then I popped her into the stable, brought the others in and gave them their tea. Hers had the next dose of anti-inflammatory in it. We then went in for a cuppa. Just before 7 the nurse friend who has been giving her the anti-b injections came and we saw that she was absolutely drenched in sweat and had obviously been down. Her tea was uneaten.
I called the vet and by 9.30 it was all over. The first suggestion was to take her to horsepital but as we were arranging transport she went down. So she died at home with lots of friends round her.
We have lots of memories but we really should have had a lot more to come.

Foxy girl

Visit site
So sorry to hear such sad news. Impossible to offer any words of comfort really other than at least she was at home with you and in familiar surroundings.

Thinking of you and sending big hugs.
xxx

Fools Motto

Visit site
So very sad, thoughts are with you.
She went at home, and that must be a tiny comfort to you. Many hugs <<>>

Jesstickle

Visit site
O hon. I am so, so sorry. I was so confident she would be fine, I can't imagine what a shock this must be for you.

Hugs to you at this horrible time :(

babymare

Visit site
oh hun there are no words that can help you but my thoughts are with you - tonight look to the stars and see her galloping amongst the stars look down on you. just big big hugs to you xxxxxxx

Marydoll

Visit site
This is such a sad post, i spoke to you online about her just the other day, she seemed to be picking up, you did everything right and treated her condition properly, i am so sad to hear this, my thoughts are with you (((((hugs)))))