So settle an argument . . !

loopeepee

Visit site
Ive got a show Im secretay for next week (horse show this is, for the Pony Club).
But an argument has arisen between mum and myself regarding how to give numbers out. . .

She is claiming that we should put the numbers of the people into classes - eg all the people competing in class one have their number in the class one pile etc etc.
However, Im sticking to my plan which is do have the sepated by surnames - so alphabetically.

Now I know my way works as this is how everyone I know does it, and how Ive done it before. . . .

Very random, but hey! What do you think?

loopeepee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does it really matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so . . They have all be assigned their number so to speak - its when they come to collect it. Ive tried before just have all the numbers in their numerical number, but that seems to take forever because Excel doesnt alphabetically sort them for me . . well it does, but not the not all the entries - it just changes the names around and they dont match up with the number they have already been given.

I think ive now confused myself!

loopeepee

Visit site
Yes lots have entered more than one class. But mum will not relent. However, its my name on the schedule. . . not her's!!
blush.gif

Nari

Visit site
Your organizing it not her so do it your way. If she doesn't like it then she can always offer to be secretary next time!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
As they are entering more than one class, it would be inconvenient and muddling for them to have more than one number. Therefore you are totally correct in saying that the numbers should be alloctaed per horse/rider and handed out alphabetically either by horse name or rider surname. Tried and tested method that works at 100s of venues all over the world!

Judie

Visit site
To sort the numbers into alphabetical order in excel you need to hightlight all the columns, both the names and the numbers before you do data/sort, that way you will keep the numbers with the names together, then you can put a list up on the board in name order and competitors can help themself to their number which is in a pile numerical order.