So very worried.. wrist injury

sam-b

Visit site
Some of you may remember nor long after I got Oscar he ran into me as I was going down a step effectively meaning I kicked him (and quite hard) I was absolutely devastated at hurting him. He went to the vets after rest didn't appear to sort it and they were happy it was a minor sprain to the wrist.

This was back in Sept/ October last year. A couple of times since then he has gone unlevel again but not for any period of time. Yesterday was the 2nd time since? So today I took him back to the vets (different vet) who agrees with me that he does have some reduced motion in that wrist. He is being x rayed on weds, although he said he thinks x rays are unlikely to show anything and more likely to be ligaments but his concern is the fact he has had these couple of times if going unlevel since.

I'm absolutely devastated incase I have caused long term damage. I bought him to be an agility dog and worrying he won't be able to do it, and he is such a worky dog (parsons) he really needs a job.

I'm so worried, I actually feel sick to my stomach and so cross I didn't trust my gut and get him back in sooner , but other people didn't even think he was unlevel.

My other half is just going on at me for being dramatic, and I haven't stopped crying. I have never felt so bad in my life.

What if I've caused arthritis or similar ? What if it never heals properly ? Could it be like a suspensory injury? We all know how they end up. Oh God I'm such a mess. This is doing my anxiety no favours at all.

chillipup

Visit site
.....And breathe. Calm yourself, by what ever means necessary. It is not the end of the world. Get a grip of yourself and try to think logically. You did not mean to kick your dog so stop punishing yourself. Until you find out the results from your vet, worrying, or working yourself up into a frenzy is not going to help you or your dog. You are however, appearing to be undoubtedly and purposefully increasing your own anxiety by your actions. Responding to the situation in this unnecessary manner is neither helpful to either you or your dog.

Moobli

Visit site
Accidents happen and as you didn't kick him deliberately you need to stop beating yourself up over it. Hopefully your anxiety will lessen once you know what you are dealing with. Speak to your vet about the benefits of your dog being seen and treated by a canine physio in conjunction with any veterinary treatment that may be required.