So..what do you wear on your feet...

How much is your farrier??(£)

• Total voters

CastleMouse

Visit site
Sometimes when riding I wear my long riding boots, or my short boots with half chaps. I think trainers are extremely dangerous to ride in! I have never ridden in trainers, but may have ridden in wellies a few times
blush.gif
I've never ridden barefoot!

Skhosu

Visit site
hehe, never ridden barefoot in a saddle, but have when going round the field bareback...or in socks, occasionally slippers!
Think barefoot wouldn't work w/ stirrups!

kerrylou123

Visit site
ive always ridden in riding boots! I think it looks awful in anything else! Not to mention dangerous! Plus ive got a dodgy ankle, so i need it supported, and my riding boots are the only footwear that offer me that sort of protection while riding!

Irishcobs

Visit site
Always ride in riding boots and chaps or gaiters.
Have sat on my horse bareback in trainers and wellies but would never ride in a saddle, to much of a chance of them getting stuck in the stirrups.

Would never ride barefoot, plain stupid!

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
I rode in wellies until I could afford my joddie boots, which are a sort of a cross between yard shoes and normal short boots... They're chunky and made of rubber.

I've ridden in trainers and jeans once (the shame!) when I 'had a go' on my gran's horse a few years back. Other then that, it's always been on a stable or eq. centre's horses, so never had the chance.

Skhosu

Visit site
See..I compared my riding boots and my wellies and honestly can see very little difference.
At the mo the only boots I have that fit, don't have holes in them and aren't for shows (have short boots and gaiters kept specially) are wellies so that's what I ride in.
Have ridden in my muckers, and trainers although I have to put chaps on w/ trainers, and find them a lot less comfy than other footwear, so haven't worn them in a substantial length of time.
Do agree that anything other than boots does look shabby though.

Weezy

Visit site
Always ride in riding boots unless for some reason I dont have any with me (ie in Spain last Christmas) - I can count the handful of times I have done so on one hand

Would NEVER ride in wellies - a big no no for me

I have ridden bearfoot quite a lot - to swim the horses in the sea
laugh.gif
You REALLY dont want boots full of water!!!

Irishcobs

Visit site
My wellies have big plastic soles with 'tractor tracks' best way to describe them, where as my riding boots have smaller grippy soles. I wouldn't fancy them going through the stirrups or the soles getting caught if I fell.

bellgave

Visit site
Ditto Weezy, i always ride in long boots when I know Im going to ride or I am at home.

Very rarely, but sometimes I will ride in trainers with half chaps, it just depends what I am doing, I do a bit of trick riding and its easier for me in trainers.

And, when we ride in the sea, I tend to go barefoot as like weeezy said, dont want watery boots!!!

Tia

Visit site
I sometimes wear short/long English riding boots or cowboy boots

I don't own a pair of trainers.

I will ride in wellies if that is what I have on when I chose to ride.

I ride in barefeet a fair amount in the summer.

To be quite honest I when I fancy having a ride, I just get on, I don't bother with any particular attire or footwear, that isn't that important to me. I ride in bikini's, barefoot, with a saddle, without a saddle, in a bridle, in a headcollar......whatever. Makes no never mind to me, LOL!!

I don't think much is particularly dangerous if you know how to ride well and you can eject easily and quickly should the need arise.

I guess I am a very unethical rider..........
crazy.gif

truffles

Visit site
I normally always ride in riding boots and chaps - although I have hacked out in Muck boots. not much of a problem though as they are designed so you can ride in them, although it isn't as good as riding boots because they are that bit thicker!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Usually long boots, sometimes wellies in winter (although hunters). Have ridden once barefooted, too painful to do rising trot, never again. Only because friend visited my house with her horses so I hopped on for 2 mins without any shoes on.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I don’t feel comfortable riding in anything but my long JT riding boots. I just couldn’t ride in trainers, I like support around my ankles. And well barefoot, umm, I don't think so!

loopeepee

Visit site
8 out of 10 times I ride in my short boots and gaiters.
Have ridden a fair amount in my Dubarry's too.
Have ridden in trainers.
Have ridden a few times in wellies - however I was very young, as I havnt owned a pair for a fair while now.
Have ridden barefoot in the summer (sister would be riding her pony who was kept at home - and I would jump on!)

icklechlo

Visit site
i either ride in job boots and gaiters, or mountain horse boots and chaps, iv ridden barefoot (well.. in socks!) about 3 times, because my mate was having a go on another friends horse and only had flip flops, so because she wanted 2 jump i gave her my boots, and just trotted barefoot
laugh.gif
i wouldnt make a habit of it, and wouldnt go much faster!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I chose Other for the first as I ride in my Barbours which are a cross between wellies and riding boots. they are a bit like the mountain horse boots but not fitted around the calf area and you just pull them on. Inside is padded as well so warm in winter but not too hot in summer. Also the leather is waterproof so you can wear them (within reason) just as if they were wellies. Love them to bits and ride in them almost daily. I suppose they are a lot like Durbarrys actually except they dont have the draw string top effect and are one colour all over!!

I have ridden in wellies but only rarely and if i do I tend to ride without stirrups as the wellies would get caught in the stirrups.

Don't ride in trainers nor would I ride in anything that didn't have a heel and for the same reason I wouldn't ride barefoot except for when bareback on the beach when the only 'riding' clothes I would have on would be my hat if I was taking the pony swimming but thats very rare!!

Katie

livetoride

Visit site
I normally ride in long boots or sometimes ariats and half chaps. Would never ride in anything without a small heel or anything that might get stuck in the stirrup.
shocked.gif

Chex

Visit site
I only ride in riding boots for shows, which is once or twice a year. In summer its muckers, and winter is either muckers or wellies. I used to always ride in trainers but the farm is just too muddy for them. I honestly don't see the problem, I've never had my foot caught in the stirrup or any other problems. I find riding boots incredibly uncomfortable, coudn't ride in them all the time.

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I usually ride either in my long boots or short boots with chaps, if i'm just going down the lane and back i do sometimes wear my hunter wellies. Never ride in trainers as well as dangerous, very uncomfortable. Never rode barefoot again, don't really see how this would be very comfortable unless you was barback.