So whats the "in" tack and clothing?

barkinghorse

Visit site
Having read on a number of occasions that John Whitaker mechandise is classed as "chavvy",
crazy.gif

I was wondering what is deemed "in" or "classy" ?
cool.gif

Jo

Weezy

Visit site
Personally I use a bridle and saddle that fits, a numnah and thats it!

Cant be doing with trends and the like - I would never buy JW stuff as I just simply dont like it!

Oh I suppose my sprenger stirrups, Pikeur jacket and GPA are considered *in* LOL!

barkinghorse

Visit site
I don't really have anything to do with SJing but my friend has had a second bout of youth, and bought a BSJA jumping pony, she was talking about doing some winter jumping and had said that now the kids had grown up, she was going all out and getting all the best gear. She then said JW stuff and i mentioned that it was deemed chavvy, so has now put me on a mission to find out what's ''in''
Jo

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Ditto Weezy's post...Derby House will probably be the place to see most things that are 'in'. I would guess that if it's extremely expensive then it's in.....as usual.
smile.gif
wink.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
I have no idea!!! at my yard no one even has a pessoa (including me) we have snaffles and dutch gags and pickle wears and waterford, teddy a continental gag. I dont think I have anything considered "in" apart from maybe my jefferies bridle but I only have that because its very hard to get extra full bridles that fit pickle nicely! Its funny really some people would say our yards stuck in the past a bit, but I like it, Now I think about it we dont have any gadgets apart from martingales, dont think anyone on the yard even has side reins!!! I am wittering now so will end my post here!

watcherathome

Visit site
Call me old fashioned but my idea of what is classy is probably somebody elses idea of being 20 years out of date, except that these days breeches are much nicer and there is more choice in boots.

Malibu

Visit site
i dont live by trends either in anything, if i know the item is beneficial for the horse and is og good quality then i buy it, not just for the name, i ahve a jw headcollar and the sabrina rugs in black and silver but that is becuase it is what i have for all my boys for traveling. oh and a JW sj jacket (got it cheap off ebay) worn it once! I have favourtie brnads for particular things, rugs= rambo, travel boots - poly pad or bucas, jods = pikeur, woof wear for polos,

for your friend, i have no idea whats "in", i guess just good quality products that do the job and look good too!

debbielinder

Visit site
i have a a john whitaker martingale! but thats it most of his stuff is expensive i just get what i like ive got a fair bit of joules stuff but i have never paid full price for any of it! most i get from their trade stands at badminton, burghley places like that and i got some in their half price sale i like it cos its smart washes well and is generally a good fit. my tack, i got on elevator bridle so i suppose thats "in" only got that as my horse had a tendency to throw her head and it has made a difference and ive got a bates saddle got that purley for comfort for my beasty although i got prolite tendon boots to match my prolite saddle cloth thats a bit sad cost me a fortune

flyingfeet

Visit site
What's Hot:
- Breastplates which attach to D's & Girth
- Polymer stirrups
- Gel Sheepskin pads
- Coloured padded bridles

What's not:
- Diamante
- Logo accross chest / bottom
- 20 year old tack
- Field boots

Vicki1986

Visit site
ok here we go.....according to us on another forum

IN
fur lined eskadron over reach boots
fleece padded grakles (only if you need them tho!)
waterfords
myler bits
breastplate & martingale combo's
toggi new winter line
kyra k clothing
fluroescant stuff - not just a little - full blown birghtness
limpet pads
sheepskin girth sleeves - basically anything sheepskin
velvet/posh show rugs
thermatex rugs in show colours
the new rambo blue stripe fleece rug
DIAMANTES (how can anyone say not!)
coloured wellies! - but not the tacky cheapo ones
clarendon boots - always 'in'
stretch and flex boots
Clip cheek pieces
Eventa reins
Flashing whips for safety on the road!
ariat boots
rug makes - rambo, masta & amigo
girly colours pink purple etc - especially hot on geldings!!
laugh.gif

sexy farriers
stencil bummed clips
tubtrugs
stubben string girths

not hot-
velvet browbands with rossettes
fat minging old farriers
3 ring gags
eggbut snaffles
flash nosebands
plain over reach boots
stiching detail on nosebands
oyster brushes

teapot

Visit site
Ariats have been in fashion for years haven't they?

~tries to think who doesn't have about 3 pairs of varying disrepair at the yard~

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ariats have been in fashion for years haven't they?

~tries to think who doesn't have about 3 pairs of varying disrepair at the yard~

[/ QUOTE ]

Varying disrepair being accurate, nice but don't last, therefore I stopped after the first pair....

teapot

Visit site
I've had mine 2 years and look as good as new but they've got more polish coated onto them then god knows what

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little concerned that types of bit appear to be 'in' or 'not hot'.

Surely a bit should be used because it's right for the horse and not because it's fashionable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be very comforted by the fact that none of actually appear to be 'in' then
smile.gif
smile.gif

I'm definitely out
grin.gif

Vicki1986

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little concerned that types of bit appear to be 'in' or 'not hot'.

Surely a bit should be used because it's right for the horse and not because it's fashionable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldnt agree more! but its like everything theres always people who follow the crowd. its like 3 ring gags! see more of them than any other type of bits and surely not that many people need to use them?? [obviously some do]

Vicki1986

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Those sheepskin lined numnahs that everyone seemed to have at HOYS certainly seem 'in' at the minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like those but always advised by saddlers that as they are so thick they alter the fit of your saddle?? so never used one, but when you see all the top riders wearing them its no wonder they are so popular, nearly every kid/teen rider i know has one