So who has already clipped??

beaconhorse

Visit site
ME 2 days ago. Good job I did too. I jumped today and despite being reasonably fit Beacon still got sweaty, goodness knows what he would have been like if I had not already clipped
shocked.gif

madgirl

Visit site
lol umm well start of propper hunting in 2 weeks and a badminton ride next weekend so he will probs be clipped in about a week or 2 hopefully before hunting!

Irishcobs

Visit site
Mine have just started to loose their summer coat so I'll probably clip the start of Oct. Can't leave it too late or they get so wooly the clippers won't get through the hair.
crazy.gif

loopeepee

Visit site
Well ponyio when away for two weeks and we specifically said please keep him rugged up at night so his coat doesnt come through. They didnt (it was during that cold bit a couple of weeks ago!) and so his coat came through, grrrr.
But as we cant clip without loads of sedation it will be a while before he is actually done.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
We're trying to keep the coats for HOYS (October). They are all OK except for Bob who is old and common and likes to grow a thick coat as soon as possible. However, he is doing pretty well and is now sporting a Dress Circle all in one lycra body suit which is doing an excellent job in flattening the hair to keep is looking better. They also do not cause the horse to overheat so even though he looks a little feminine, I don't care!!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not yet ... only JUST beginning to lose summer coat and get that 'velvet' look

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like B - she obviously isn't clipped as still has H by her side, but she may get a little clip later on..........She doesn't know it yet, but she is going to do a bit of work this winter....

RachelB

Visit site
Mine is like a little fluffy snow ball at the mo! Shedding grey hairs all over the yard... I'm not popular! I wasn't going to clip but it seems Maiden will probably need it, I did an hour and 40 minutes walking on the roads today and she was dripping! All that spooking at pheasants...! I'll leave it until they start coming in at night though in case it gets cold while she's out, which should be about another month.
...anyone know what clip (small-ish) will not make a long back look longer???

seaofdreams

Visit site
i have, wasn't intending to but i was competing today and i looked at her on friday after riding for 20mins and she was dripping i did her on friday evening and i am so glad i did

druid

Visit site
Max was doen yesterday (full clip) and S is getting done next weekend (hunter clip) - both in preperation for the opening meet

RobinHood

Visit site
I clipped my sister's pony last week because he had an event yesterday. I'm so glad I clipped him as he was still covered in white foam after the dressage let alone after the xc, interestingly the majority of the horses there were clipped.