So who went mad shopping at Badminton?

vam

Visit site
3 pairs of socks. Thats it. Oh and a rather yummy burger for dinner.
Im quite dissapointed with myself as i've actually got money to spend :p. I got in really early and it wasnt too busy but by the time i had actually thought i'll look properly it was so busy it put me off. I did see lots of stuff i like and got a chance to look at things in the flesh that i have been umming and arhhing over so i will hit the net to find any bargins.

I.M.N.

Visit site
Me *sigh* I try to rectify by saying pretty much everything I bought was for my horses but I still have that "Oh well I can live on just bread for 2 months, can't I?" feeling.

dotty1

Visit site
I too bought a tonne of cheddar cheese!!!! and some yummy chutney........and some mite shampoo, so nothing really exciting!!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Hi Broadford Queen, I have 3 of the brass tacks leather headcollers for 3 of mine which are lush dont get me wrong, wanted another one for the new horse and looked on their website but are far too much money I just couldnt justify it (the other three were bought as show offers at Olympia and Bramham I think), anyway saw a JHL one in our local tack shop and it seemed decent leather so bought it, anyway, 2 months on and with only one oiling with some neatsfoot, its as soft as butter, and I would say 99% as good as the expensive ones, I just need to find someone to engrave the name plaque now! Hope that helps xx

Thanks for this- ive ordered one now, engraved for £26 :)

Fizz06

Visit site
Me!
A new bridle from Evision Equine, a Hit Air (15% off!) and some lovely new shirts from Cousins.

Twiglet

Visit site
I'm normally queen of Badminton bargains (previous years include a £10 Musto coat and £20 Le Chameau wellies!) but found it all to be a bit expensive this year. Went with enormous shopping list and didn't get a lot of it.
Managed to get
stirrup leathers/irons
dressage girth (which is the wrong bloody size - annoyed with that stockist!)
£10 comp shirt
Kevin Bacon hoof dressing
Absorbine hoof oil (recommended by the E-Venting lot!)
Hamnol
Badminton hoodie (cider drunk purchase on first day)
Dressage saddle cloth

Didn't manage to buy body protector, tweed, studs, breeches...

gingerlegs

Visit site
I was quite pleased to come home with everything off my shopping list and more!!
A lovely new english leather grackle bridle and matching flash noseband for pure stressage outings!
New blingy V shape browband
A stunning english leather breastplate (down to £50 from £130, rather pleased ;))
Le meiux pro-sport white cloth
A hat, austrailian bush style!
A Regatta Gillet
A Tottie hoody
4 sets of supastuds
Masta tendon and fetlock boots
and some new overreach boots for in the field!

Dont think I did too badly spent about £250 :) i'm now skint until the end of the month!! oops!

YardGeek

Visit site
I went a bit crazy as I was there all weekend so did a little bit of shopping each day which added up to a lot by the time I got home!!

Musto duck-down and feather coat
Musto hoody
Thomas&co gilet
Lansdown long-sleeved jersey
Scarf
Posh schooling whip
Lots of leather care products
A really cool little clothes brush
Booze and cheese
Fudge (the best fudge I have ever tasted!!)
...and a few little presents

I haven't been brave enough to go through my receipts yet but they were all good deals so it shouldn't be tooo bad .....*fingers crossed!!*

Emma86

Visit site
So after my thread of things I wasn't allowed to buy (to keep the cost down) I ended up with an Equilibrium massage pad, a Micklem Bridle and a John Whitaker dog bed for the pup...At least I stuck to the not to buy list! :eek: