Sodd**g Fireworks

katie_southwest

Visit site
Mines asleep at the moment, Im dreading when a really loud one goes off - she insists on going outside to bark at them
crazy.gif

What mad people are out - its -2 already , wouldnt catch me outside doing fireworks!!!

EQUISCENE

Visit site
We live very remote and never used to get any fireworks at all, however since the millenium there has been some let off every new years eve - I expect tonight will be no different. Our horses are used to absolute darkness as there are no street lights or anything here - the fireworks are brought in by people staying in local famhouse BB's and cottages I can't understand why they come somewhere so quiet to let the damn things off. I am already tense in anticipation and will be out in the yard at midnight to make sure that the horses are OK. I wish all fireworks could be licensed and limited to controlled displays only.

rocketdog69

Visit site
I'm lucky with regards to my horses.

They live on the edge of salisbury plain next to a military town so are used to tanks, jets and every loud bang going.

They are all totally immune, even my youngster!

I have 3 other dogs and they dont give a monkies, just the one dalamation that thinks he's about to be murdered!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Horses too far from people to worry about them; and dogs so used to the noise in this house that they are immune
grin.gif
. 'Tis an added benefit to playing Tchaikovsky's Eighteen Twelve Overture at full blast lol.

Vikki89

Visit site
my pupply went missing for the night after hearing fireworks last year, think i will be taking her out on a lead 2night and getting cold

D

Donkeymad

No doubt we will get them later. never had a horse worry, but have a gun dog that used to be petrified. Couldn't care less now.
I don't agree with banning them, but believe there should be restrictions as to who can buy and when they can be used, etc.

TS_

Visit site
My horse lives on a livery yard that backs onto a firing range, her field is right next to it and she gets turned out in the paddock by herself when its going off (it's like a warzone) and never batters an eyelid so is completly used to it, the dog on the other hand goes spare. Poor thing.

Shannagolden

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Damn fireworks have started again!

Has anyone else got a five and a half stone dog trying to get on their knee.

They should be banned!

Anyone agree

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah five and a half stone dogs should be banned,
what a pain in the ass. my dog is a four stone collie and he loves fireworks. He is in the shed with his wife collie and tomorrow I will give him and his wife some pork crakling to make up for the sheer terror of new years eve xx

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Like a battle field round here last night. I deliberately took the dogs out at about 11 (Buffy hates fireworks) thinking I would avoid the fireworks but there were loads going off nearby. Cue one very anxious dog for the rest of the night.

hellybelly6

Visit site
Battle field around me last night too. Poor cat is walking around on her belly not know what to do with herself.

Freaky horse likes fireworks. I think its because we are enough in the countryside to see them and only hear a little pop. He likes to watch and searches for them in the sky! But ask him to walk past a central heating vent (steam coming out of it) and he thinks I am trying to kill him.