Solar charger for existing electric fence battery/energiser?

alsxx

Visit site
I already have an energiser and 12v battery, is it possible to buy a solar panel charger set up that I can add to the existing energiser and battery?

Currently I'm lugging the battery over the field and hooking it up to the yard solar panel set up, and then lugging the other battery back over the field. I've now wrecked one battery by leaving it to completely discharge ?‍♀️ so want to try and keep it trickle charged in situ (and save my back!).

Had a look and could only find entire kits, as I already have the energiser, I don't really want another one...

Thanks knowledgeable HHO folks!

alsxx

Visit site
12v leisure battery. Possibly defective as its the first one that's done it, although even leisure batteries don't last for ever... fully discharging them shortens their life and this one was left to complete discharge, oops ?

Goldenstar

Visit site
Yes you can buy a solar panel for less than £20 it just attaches to the Leisure battery with crocodile clips .
If you google with boats /camping in the search you will find them .

I'm Dun

Visit site
Yes you can buy a solar panel for less than £20 it just attaches to the Leisure battery with crocodile clips .
If you google with boats /camping in the search you will find them .

I bought a 10v one from ebay and it works well. I've not had to charge my batteries all summer