Solution saddles- new or secondhand , advice please

Jazz18

Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new Solution smart dressage saddle. A second hand one has come up for sale but is an older model and 7 years old. The money I would save is considerable . Does anyone have experience of the Smart VT dressage saddle and is there benefit in getting the newest model?

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
The smart saddle fitters are actually very helpful when it comes to second hand saddles, its worth getting in touch with your local fitter and asking their advice re the difference. They are also more than happy to come check the fit of second hand ones :)

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Are you on the Unofficial Solution Saddles page on Facebook (which used to be unofficial but is now largely populated by Solutions agents)? Lots of saddles come up on there and there is plenty of advice to be had.

Have you had a fitter out? There are so many models of Solution saddles available now, and variant bases, it's worth making sure that you are getting the right one. You'll get a better deal with a second hand one, and you probably won't lose much money on it when you sell it. But obviously there is no comeback if you run into problems.

Mrs C

Visit site
Definately get in touch with a fitter. Different styles ride differently and they'll be able to tell you more about the differences

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
I agree too! I was going to buy new in desperation. The exact set up i needed came up on the FB page that weekend for £1k cheaper. Now stolen by my daughter for her cob ?.