Solution4feet

Carrottom

Visit site
Anyone use it? Any pros or cons? It says it only needs to be applied once or twice a week which appeals atm as mine are not coming in every day

Shooting Star

Visit site
Yes I use it, my vet recommended it to me originally when we were dealing with an abscess that had to be dug out and it was used as a disinfectant for that. Since then I’ve also used it to treat for thrush and it works well.

Down side to it is keeping it clean because it’s easy to end up with dirt on the hoof oil brush and then the bottle gets dirty, can get around that by pouring a small amount out into a separate tub though.

Carrottom

Visit site
Prophylactic really. My fields are not particularly muddy but it is damp all the time so I want to try to prevent any thrush or infection. Two shod horses and one not shod.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Much better products out there for that. Try Red Horse products - really good and stays put.

I've found the S4F wasn't really that effective as a preventative or as a treatment... sorry.

Carrottom

Visit site
Much better products out there for that. Try Red Horse products - really good and stays put.

I've found the S4F wasn't really that effective as a preventative or as a treatment... sorry.
Thanks for that, is it the sole cleanse you recommend for prevention?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
You can use all three together but I only use artimud but not all the time. I only use it if I can smell a bit of thrush or spot some black stuff in the crevices.

Mine live out and I've never used any so far this year. Last year, my mare had a bit of thrush and I cleaned it with salty water, let it dry on clean bedding then packed it with artimud and hoof stuff. I was gone within a week. This year their own immune system seems to be taking care of it all. The only thing I've changed in their diets is adding more vit e from some friendly advice about thrush. So far so good.