Some good news at last and my *whispers* new horse

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Some of you on here will have read my horse and OH woes. So I am v. excited as next week, due to selling one of my TB's the one that I thought had failed the vet on flexion test but didn't, I can now afford to put down a friendly deposit on a horse I have wanted for a long time. A friend of mine is seriously into racing and breeds welsh cobs. I used to help him out with his racers and as a thankyou he gave me first refusal on a beautiful Welsh Cob x TB gelding 4 y o. The horse is unbroken and he said he would rather he gave the horse to me for a knock down price as he liked what I did with his horses and to give me the oppurtunity to make some real money. This horse is full brother to a top level dressage horse at PSG level and from a long family of show champions and hunters. He is gorgeous. So I have two options break him and sell him immediately as he has some buyers for the horse but they want a ridden one or keep him for bit, maybe hunt him to get him going and do the odd dressage and sell him in spring as a serious competition prospect.
Guess I do the later - but am so excited, he arrives next week and I will post some piccies of him.
wink.gif

Laafet

Yes I have sold little ridge, loaned flora and she will be sold at christmas I hope to the little girl that is loaning her (keep quiet she doesn't know), Mac is going to Neils (figured I've spent enough on him, if neil thinks his little girlfriends can do better than me fine) and Murphy is still waiting for the Paralympic people to get back to me as to who is going to have him on loan. So I will only have two of my own horses and both live on thin air all winter not like the other three.

starsky

Visit site
I have a spare stable at the moment and that is always a dangerous thing to have lying around :) Can't wait to see the pics!

Laafet

Yeah loaned her over a month ago - the day after her breeder came to look at her because a certain gippo on your side said she was pitifully thin. But her breeder said she looked fine but she had grown a huge amount. The little girl rode her like a dream so she now lives in yorkshire and is doin county shows and even showjumping. Not bad.
You must come and see my new one - his name is Tarquin which actually suits him well. Have looked after his mum and dad and they are a dream to handle.

Laafet

well you know her and the rest of her gyppo mob - sorry to offend other users if you knew who I was talking about you'd understand. Nearly ran her horrible son over in his new MG with Kaylieghs horsebox. Would have done if the box was mine.

seabiscuit

Visit site
He sounds absolutely gorgeous! WOW. My friend has a 5yr old welsh cob X TB mare from MartinW the horse dentist in this area- would that be the same breeder of your boy? Anyway my friends welsh X TB is just stunning and ever so flash- am quite envious- I really like that mix of bloodlines
smile.gif