Some questions reguarding bsja

showjump2003

Visit site
Apologize in advance for sounding so dim, but I don't know much about affiliated jumping.

I was on their website last night trying to look for how much money jumped you out of each class and couldn't find it? Any ideas?

Also, I believe you can pay to down grade a horse? Does this only mean you can down grade from say A B grade to a C grade, or can you also down grade classes? As in my horse has jumped out of the lower classes with a previous owner, is there anything I can do to take her back down to the start?

Thank you.

jess_asterix

Visit site
no you cannot windback a horse unless you bring it in from aiff country and it is un passported so they have no proof of the horse being registered.
Although whilst you are getting used to affilliated you can jump H/C.

dieseldog

Visit site
No you can't downgraded a horse, but there are loads of open classes that you can enter, starting from .90, 1m, 1.05 etc.

How much has your horse won - look at the Notional figure.

H-J

www.piczo.com
Hi I have the same question!!

My horse has won £320ish

And I always thought you could pay to downgrade like you can with horses with BD points
confused.gif

Peanot

Visit site
You can enter the British Novice until you have won £100 notional. Then the Discovery is up to winnings of £175. Not sure after that. You can jump in the 90cm open and 1m open etc.

dieseldog

Visit site
If your horse has won £320 - notional money, you can enter Foxhunters (600) and any open class, also grade C classes, B&Cs, depending how old you are Young riders.

You can at any point nominate your horse to be either Grade A or B. Something to watch out for when looking at Stallions (Dundee by Didi, was Grade A, but he was upgraded by someone paying for it) or buying horses. People do this so that they can jump the horse in international classes etc.

SpruceRI

Visit site
What a con!

So you could upgrade a horse to 'A' and sell it for loads more and some poor bugger thinks its a superstar??

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a con!

So you could upgrade a horse to 'A' and sell it for loads more and some poor bugger thinks its a superstar??

[/ QUOTE ]

Always get a print out before buying any BSJA horse. You can also get Grade As that have never jumped bigger than 1.10.