Some vibes please .....

mytwofriends

Visit site
My boy is having another set of steriod injections into his hocks today. He's gone lame again, having had his hocks injected back in November, and his coffin joints injected in December.

Vet says he's not overly worried about the hocks, but if he's not sound when he comes back in a couple of weeks, and his coffins need injecting again, then I might need to think about Lawn Ornament status. I'd do that in a flash and keep him as comfortable as possible for as long as possible, but it really wasn't something I thought I'd have to think about yet. He's my best friend and I rescued him from a horrible home.

Sorry for the rather self-indulgent post, but I'm a bit down about it all. :(

Jellybean50

Visit site
I have been in the same situation and murphy had to become the lawn ornament. It was unexpected and a shock at first but he is thoroughly enjoying himself and making a good job of it... Dont be too down if your horse like mine has given the best of his years to you its only right we give them back...

mytwofriends

Visit site
Thanks guys. The vet came and injected him again this afternoon and is coming back in about 10 days to re-evaluate. Everything crossed he's sound then, and then we'll see how he progresses.

At least it was a lovely day here today, and he was able to have his treatment outside in the yard with the sun on his back. :)