Somebody coming for a second viewing!

parsley

Visit site
Someone is coming to look at the pony again tommorow! I was a bit doubtful about whether they would be suitable initially, but having met them I think they would get on fine with the pony. They are coming with an instructor to have a lesson on him. I would suspect a ruse to get a free pony for a lesson but they insisted on an initial trial on Thursday in the pouring rain - so I suppose they must be a bit keen
grin.gif

I will miss him a bit if he goes - he does love a good cuddle and fuss.

Anyway - all this was to say PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I don't think having a lesson is a ruse at all, especially when it is a child's pony. I think it is to see whether their instructor thinks your pony is suitable for the child to do what it wants to do, which you say you think it is.

I have to say, although I don't have children myself, I would want them to have a lesson on a pony, even if it was just 30 mins. After all, when I go and try a horse out I pretty much know which buttons to press to see whether they are suitable whereas a child probably wouldn't be able to do this as much.

Good luck... let us know how you get on! And I honestly think they are very interested if they are coming with an instructor. It's just peace of mind for Mum!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I had some people come and thoroughly try our pony - and didn't buy her. However, they were lovely people and I hope they were happy with the pony they did buy. It is something you want to get right and it was a close thing. I wouldn't have wanted to sell to them if they hadn't had a jolly good press of all the buttons.

parsley

Visit site
I think some of you have misunderstood my meaning. I am not at all put out by them coming to have a lesson - I actually meant that I thought that they were keen as they initially came in the pouring rain. I didn't think it was a ruse at all, but was quite amused at the thought that people might choose to spend their Saturdays having a lesson on a different pony each week.

_jetset_

Visit site
I didn't mean that you were put out by it... Probably didn't word it brilliantly.

I meant you shouldn't be worried that they were having an instructor, in fact I would be very encouraged they were serious. Hope it all went well!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.