Someone bet me.....

tigers_eye

Visit site
£50 I couldn't get their horse to load in a trailer..... She's a pupil of mine, and normally I do loading work for the same price as lessons etc, but this was a good challenge! After some hairy moments I had him walking in and out, and it was a nasty trailer in that it has no front unload, but got it sorted! Don't feel guilty as ultimately she doesn't have to pay me diesel money now for taking him in my lorry (he's ok with lorries), and she was at her wit's end!

tigers_eye

Visit site
Got him to walk in with her too! Prob took me just under half an hour in total, wouldn't mind £100 as my standard hourly rate - 40 hrs a week!
tongue.gif

GTs

Visit site
Just goes to prove what a lot of people say that can't be done - is actually not a big deal.

PS If I was a horse in England, no way in hell would I go into one of those shitty little trailers.

pagancluf

Visit site
Well earn't! If she had hired Kelly Marks etc it would have been a lot more!!! - Hope you can tell me how to get one of my boys in - he will put his front feet on the ramp and then just stand (not frightened-just taking the pee) for ages and ages - food bucket inside - no - carrots - no - lunge line around bum - no.... shall I get a broom to his backside?? He is a kicker tho - what u reckon any help etc greatly appreciated.....

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well quite. I inquired for Richard Maxwell when mine was being a bugger and can't remember what it was as I think I passed out when I was told! I've got a Polly Products pressure halter, they are really basic compared to all the other pressure halters I've seen, but they work on everything I've put it on so far. I cured mine with it. I clip a normal lead rope to the end of it as it makes it longer and it provides better grip. They will pull back and go up with it, but I just keep the pressure on til they come forwards - very simple. Also means I can do it by myself, I don't need to rely on someone being there to be able to get a horse in. I also don't let them turn away if they go to the side of the ramp - they are perfectly capable of climbing on from the side then turning! And I face them whilst loading - none of this "don't look at them" stuff. My own was the worst I've had I think, and to begin with he would switch off and threaten to just lie down, but he never actually did. And if I think someone's driving is to blame for their horse being a bad loader I tell them.