Someone else selling bute on ebay now...and 200 sachet of it!

Shay

Visit site
I have no issue per se with people selling prescription drugs on ebay.

Bute is perhaps one I would be a bit more concerned about becuase it is a class A drug, can be used to addict humans and can also be used to kill - that is a police matter. But the rules on vetniary prescription - and the fact that you can no longer get a prescription and then shop around for a cost effective supply of a long term drug - are not always logical.

For instance I need a prescrption to get flamazine for mud fever. But I can buy it freely in France or over the internet. Its a silver based healing cream - no possibility of overuse or misuse. You can buy bute freely in the US.

I don't have an elderly ned on bute permenantly. But if I did I would need to make sure I had the most cost effective supply and - much as I love my vet - he often isn't it. I'm not sure I would go so far as to break the law and unauthorised possession of a class A drug is that - but I cannot bring myself to condemn those who might in order to make thier horse's lives comfortable. You will not stop "horse being hacked out on bute" by hunting down every person selling bute off prescription.