Someone 'ew'd my horse!!!!! Why be rude!!!!!

Elsiecat

Visit site
Hacking down a fairly narrow (one car width) lane earlier with foxy and cromdoms. A lad and girl were walking towards us. Instead of going to one side so we could all pass each other they continued to walk straight at us. So we stopped and waited for them to walk around us. This meant the lad was maybe 30/40/50cm max cm from foxys face.
She nuzzled him really gently obviously thinking he'd walked over to fuss her.

He should 'EW' dead loudly and dramatically and stormed off!?

Que me shouting 'what's ew about that!?' And him huffing and puffing storming away.

If he was scared he wouldn't have walked so close to her!?

Really annoyed. Why would you 'ew' someone's pride and joy!?

Don't like her, fine. Just don't insult her to my face and snub her being friendly!?

Why are people so outwardly rude :(

teapot

Visit site
It was probably more 'ewww' for being nuzzled by a horse, possibly with slobber (no idea here) than your actual horse...

Either way if you don't like animals, don't get so close!

Elsiecat

Visit site
No no slobber. You might be right I'm just puzzled why you'd walk so close rather than on the opposite side of the path and then have that reaction!?

I know in over reacting I'm just gob smacked how rude people feel it is acceptable to be about someone's horse! :eek:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I think a lot of us don't notice the smell of horses though, as we are around them all the time!

I would have just said "oh you big girl, don't be so soft!" and left him to it.

Elsiecat

Visit site
I wasn't rude to him it was a jokey loud 'what's ew about that!?' The huffing and puffing annoyed me the most though. If you don't want her to touch you then don't get so close :eek:

laura_lor

Visit site
She sounds lovely and friendly. He sounds a prat. If it's any consolation OP, had it been me you would have probably been given a lovely compliment about your mare and asked half a dozen different questions about her. :D

Elsiecat

Visit site
The thing is shes usually really anti-social and moody but shes on hormone balancer at the moment and has become lovely and sociable. When she nuzzled him I felt such a sense of pride (daft, I know!) and then he just went and was BLEHHH :eek:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
But perhaps you don't realise quite how very, very dim the general public is about horses (and animals in general)? He probably walked so close because he thought she was just like a bicycle, not a "person" as she would be to you or me. And not everyone is as besotted with our darlings as we are. I work with the general public, giving historical riding demonstrations at an ancient battle site, and never before realised that most people have never seen a horse before, let alone touched one (it's one of the things we do, letting kids and adults stroke the horses after the demo), but some people's reaction is "eeuw, it stinks!", or real fear. And slobbers are like kryptonite to some, apparently :)

Elsiecat

Visit site
But perhaps you don't realise quite how very, very dim the general public is about horses (and animals in general)? He probably walked so close because he thought she was just like a bicycle, not a "person" as she would be to you or me. And not everyone is as besotted with our darlings as we are. I work with the general public, giving historical riding demonstrations at an ancient battle site, and never before realised that most people have never seen a horse before, let alone touched one (it's one of the things we do, letting kids and adults stroke the horses after the demo), but some people's reaction is "eeuw, it stinks!", or real fear. And slobbers are like kryptonite to some, apparently :)

I think I could possibly understand it in a city (although I'd still be annoyed at his attitude!!!) but I live in the middle of a very very horsey village!
You might be right though, he might not have thought through the difference between a bike and a horse.
Common sense would have saved him from the terrors of being nuzzled by a horse however :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
Poor girl she must have smelled his bad breath and BO up that close:eek: Sounds a total eejit the sort that saunter slowly across the road in front of you wearing a hoodie and pretending not to clock the car.... well brings out worst in me and I enjoy the challenge of catching them with a wing mirror as they realise I'm actually not stopping and leg it:D

HorsesHavingFun

Visit site
quite how very, very dim the general public is about horses (and animals in general)?

^^^ I agree with this! There was a horse at my yard that was calling to his friend who had gone out for a hack. I member of the public walked past and asked why he was whinneying so much, and when we said it was because he was missing his friend. The person was completely amazed and didn't realise horses were capable of that emotion :rolleyes:

Mince Pie

Visit site
When I brought my lad home after buying him the first thing anyone said was "what is THAT?!" And that was from someone on the yard!