Someone pinch me!

mrsh2010

Visit site
What a day!!

Nice early start up at 4.30am as first in the arena for arena eventing at 8.30am

So long story cut short is that my lad was diagnosed with a trauma cataract and is partly blind in his left eye. We've been advised for safety reasons not to hack or go xc as he panics (which is understandable) In OPEN Spaces.

So we've decided to try arena eventing to see if he'd cope. We've dropped down a height too to try and keep the pressure off.

Weve always been known as captain slow. When we've tried odes we've had more xc time penalties than our dressage score. My nerves have meant that I've ridden defensive and "too pretty" for the xc field.

I've recently changed back to a dealer ring snaffle and I'm learning to leave him and let him place himself at fences.

Well today was the day it all came together..... double clear and 1.5seconds UNDER the optimum time.... to take the WIN!!!! I still can't believe it!!

My now favourite photo of 2017:

mrsh2010

Visit site
It's a gorgeous venue, all weathered polo ground - highly recommended!

Congratulations, for some reason that brought a tear to my eye. A wonderful round - how on earth did you remember the course!? Looks like a lovely venue too.
I'm not going to lie, I cried too almost 30yrs old and crying at a result!! But then again my mum and sister had a tear in their eye! Thankfully Lands eventing are very kind with their courses, and yesterday was just figures on eights, although the low sun over fence 3 and 8 was rather difficult!

Nice to see you riding forward :) Well done!
Thank you, I've took everything you've said on board, now I know what his spook issue was over, and we've changed bit and got the blinkers, we are getting there! Even remembered to put my legs on, although one stride too early hence the photo above!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
fabulous, and made the early start worth it! Must be such a relief to have found his niche as well. Congratulations :D

abbijay

Visit site
I'm not going to lie, I cried too almost 30yrs old and crying at a result!! But then again my mum and sister had a tear in their eye!
There is nothing wrong with crying at these things - it just reflects how much effort has gone into getting there! Well done it looks like patience and hard work has really paid off for you.