Somerford Park - tough or easy (or average!)

Bestdogdash

Visit site
Posting for a friend who is running in first 1* there.

I have never competed there, but the question is would those who have, consider the course tough or a nice one to start with ?

Many thanks

ElleJS

Visit site
Was a very big 1* last year but extremely inviting so enough clears not trappy and ground is great.

christine48

Visit site
We did the novice last year, it asked a few questions. I know someone who is doing the 1* and their horse will have only done 3 novices. Lovely course, bold and inviting, would definitely go again.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Not done it myself, but groomed for a friend there. I don't think it's too bad, not easy certainly but fair with a few questions, but that are not that early in the course if memory serves. The fence at the top corner of angled hedges is the first serious question IMHO. Ground has always been great there, and sj and sometimes dressage on a surface :)

Some pics of the int and 2* course here (the 2*pics are ones I took last year :) )

Http://www.shoestringeventing.co.uk/m-s.html

blackhor2e

Visit site
We did the novice last year, it asked a few questions. I know someone who is doing the 1* and their horse will have only done 3 novices. Lovely course, bold and inviting, would definitely go again.
Aren't you supposed to had done a min of 6 novices before you go 1 star? I could be wrong??