somerford's all weather xc

Visit site
Not ridden it myself but have been to help/watch several times and it's great fun. Lots of different types and heights of fences - skinnies, corners, combinations etc. They've used the bank between the arenas for some steps and an owl hole and you can also still access the water complex.

Sam_J is right about the stringent poo control measures - I even saw someone bring their own scoop but there are scoops provided and bins to put it in.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I've seen all the photos of the signs for poo picking.....'ALL DROPPINGS MUST BE REMOVED AS SOON AS THEY HIT THE SURFACE' and then they also have signs next to them saying they have CCTV everywhere!

baggyb

Visit site
went yesterday, fabulous facility and given the investment, they have every right to be sharp on people collecting droppings. well worth a visit

mil1212

Visit site
I fancy to make the trip there in February, but must find a willing volunteer to come with me as one of my horses is a shocker for poohing everywhere (or maybe just let them keep the deposit!), they'll need to trot around behind me the whole time, especially when he sees it's XC lol

MillionDollar

Visit site
went yesterday, fabulous facility and given the investment, they have every right to be sharp on people collecting droppings. well worth a visit

Oh I agree, I have a yard myself and everyone knows to make sure poo is picked up ;) I am not happy if I ever find poo left in any of the arenas. I think it shocks me that someone else is more strict than me, ha ha.

ossy

Visit site
I've seen all the photos of the signs for poo picking.....'ALL DROPPINGS MUST BE REMOVED AS SOON AS THEY HIT THE SURFACE' and then they also have signs next to them saying they have CCTV everywhere!
This is their policy on all their surfaces/arenas even for the liveries.

VRIN

Visit site
I fancy to make the trip there in February, but must find a willing volunteer to come with me as one of my horses is a shocker for poohing everywhere (or maybe just let them keep the deposit!), they'll need to trot around behind me the whole time, especially when he sees it's XC lol

Any poo and everyone on the xc at the same time will lose their deposit!

blackhor2e

Visit site
This is their policy on all their surfaces/arenas even for the liveries.

Technically that isn't true. The only arenas that require poo picking by liveries and visitors are the indoor arena and the new xc arenas. The other two Showjumping, two schooling and ash arena (with another set of xc jumps) aren't required to be poo picked.