Somerley Park likely to run next week?

DorothyJ

Visit site
Not a desperately original post, sadly, but how wet does Somerley get? Hoping for a PN run on the Wednesday but quickly losing faith in the Great British weather.

The forecast is for some rain pretty much everyday between now and then :(

What are the chances? Thanks

Con234

Visit site
I remember going a few years ago with a friend who was competing and it was very wet. The sj warm up did get pretty horrid and the ring was quite slippery but from what I remember the xc seemed to be holding up well. As Golden Match said parts are quarried for gravel so should drain well but could do with a couple of dry days to let it all drain away. I'm entered for the novice on the Wednesday.

I did the PN last year. It was a lovely sunny day, my horses summer coat was well on its way. I was second to last to go xc (and they were running pretty late due to falls earlier in the day) and the sun was right in my eyes over a couple of the jumps. Hard to believe it is the same time of year. My horse shows no signs of her summer coat and I think we will be needing armbands rather than the sunglasses needed last year.

TheMule

Visit site
Somerley gets very deep, especially the sj. I would think it will probs cancel as it's forecast to carry on raining

Billabongchick

Visit site
Very wet; we are 10 mins away and the fields are more like lakes currently and the ground is saturated from flooding/rain/snow. I hope it is on as I've not been before and am meant to be stewarding...

Rebels

Visit site
Yep, extremely wet. I was chatting with someone who had hunted through there after it had dried briefly. If they haven't got the fences on in that window there can't be any way they could get a vehicle on the ground now. We are due to get up to 50mm of rain here today (I live 10 mins away) so i would be very impressed if they do run.