Something abit different! Area Tetrathlon report *Pics*

PickledOnions

Visit site
Just thought I would do a report of a different kind!
So, Saturday dawned and we had the shooting and swimming elements in the afternoon and got to the leisure centre in plenty of time, went into shoot and it was so noisy in the hall! so my concentration was abit off but I still managed to shoot 800 which is OK but I know I can do alot better, I even missed with one shot!! The rest of the team shot ok as well.

2 hour wait before swimming and swimming is not my favourite phase, I'm not build for it, but i'm trying my hardest to do better as I feel I let the team down with my swimming (and running, but that's a different story). Warming up for swimming and the pool is absolutly freezing! got out and we were in the first heat so straight back in to swim for 3 minutes as far as possible. I was very pleased as I swam my best so far in a full 25m pool! que big smiles. Waited for the rest of my team and off we went to walk the XC course for Sunday.

Sunday was very hot, and I was dreading the running later and if any of you know Alyesfords XC in leics you will know how hilly it is!! Anyway got the pony spruced up and went to warm up with him being his usual stubborn self and motoring about on two legs. Off down to the start under instruction to take it steady on the hard ground and have fun most of all. Shot out of the start box and he was his usual amazing self, never hesitated at anything, and most of all let me get back on after the slip rail. Unfortunatly he then decided that the gate was very scary and I couldn't get him near it for a while so we got a few time penultys but nevermind, we were clear so thats all that mattered and we got a ride score of 1370 (1400 being the highest you could get).
Pics:
Waiting for tack check:
271168_10150694581425128_898610127_19523213_3123995_n.jpg

Water:
261753_10150694582175128_898610127_19523229_1105698_n.jpg

261219_10150694582350128_898610127_19523233_1670316_n.jpg

260063_10150694582665128_898610127_19523241_2357732_n.jpg

Galloping up the hill to the finish
267418_10150694583155128_898610127_19523250_5353958_n.jpg

Anyway, onto the running which we will gloss over as it wasn't my finest, but equally wasn't my worst so we can live with that.
The final result was that we had won the area 6 intermediate qualifier and so we are now off to the tetrathlon championship in August!! It was my aim for this year was to go to the champs so I'm so happy!! I'm on a vigerous training plan now for the swimming and running!! :D
Hope you enjoyed reading something abit different and comments welcome :)
Thanks for reading.

Lolo

Visit site
Wow! Well done and really good luck with the championships :D Will you be doing the Burghley PC ODE if you're in area 6 btw?

wispagold

Visit site
Well done!

Takes me back to when me and my sister use to do tetrathlons with pony club!

Which branch are you in? I was in area 6.

Running and swimming were my least favourite bits too. I loved the shooting I am still quite good. We sometimes have family competitions in the garden during the summer and like to wind my dad and OH up when we beat them!

PickledOnions

Visit site
Well done!

Running and swimming were my least favourite bits too. I loved the shooting I am still quite good. We sometimes have family competitions in the garden during the summer and like to wind my dad and OH up when we beat them!

Thanks! I'm in the Quorn Hunt Branch :) Shooting is my favourite part if I'm honest, it's an easy way to make up points if you can shoot well.

TGM

Visit site
Well done - tetrathlons are very hard work, for competitors, parents and organizers alike! My daughter is a keen tet girl, but is still in juniors at the moment, so nice to hear reports from other tet people. Good luck at Hartpury - I gather the course can be quite testing there but sounds like your horse is a bit of a XC machine, so should put you at an advantage!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Love your report !

Is there such a thing as adult tetrathalon? Seems to be exclusively pony club

Not that it would be for me as I cannot run to save my live... well maybe if being chased by something very scary!!

Well Done!

PickledOnions

Visit site
Lolo - I'm told its a very nice course! Good luck :)

TGM - Thanks! My legs were killing me yesturday! I went down to hartpury two years ago to see what it was like and the courses looked enourmous! I'm really scared for it, but equally very very excited! :D

Jen_Cots - I'm not sure, after tetrathlon many people move onto modern pentathlon and it seems the pony club encourage this, but I don't know about anything else apart from the mega triathlons with like 10km runs and cycling etc!!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Well done! I sold my second pony onto a girl to do tetrathlon - he loved it, although was naughty at one event, and jumped the gate you had to open, instead of being polite and stopping :rolleyes:

I can fully recommend the BUPA running programmes if you want to improve that, they make it really easy, and made my 10km run last year and triathlon this year just that much easier

http://www.bupa.co.uk/running/training/training-programmes/

Good luck, want a full report on the champs :)

jumptoit

Visit site
Well done :), I have sympathy for you having to run as well; it's the reason I gave up, just far too much effort :p!! Good luck at the Champs :), sure you'll have a fab time my sister went once and really enjoyed it.

Sophiesmum

Visit site
Look forward to the Championship report - something for my last-year junior to aspire to!

Very well done - it requires a huge amount of commitment!

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Well done!! Gutted i missed this, i'm 2weeks too old to do this and can only do associates now :( but good luck for nationals, c'mon area 6 ;)
Are you doing area eventing?

NR99

Visit site
Hey very well done, did you do Intermediate or Open?

We went last year to Hartpbury the course was hard, but that's good for you if on a XC machine. Though I have been told it will be a little easier this year.

R's area Tet is not until the 24/25th July.

Good luck if we don't see you there! :)

PickledOnions

Visit site
Thank you all! :D
Flipflop5 - Yeah I'm doing the novice, you?
NR99 - I did the intermediate and yeah so I'm told, you don't happen to have any pictures of the course do you? I'd be really interested to see it. Hope your daughter does well at her qualifier, it would be lovely to meet you :)

ponymum

Visit site
Well done! I was scoring the shooting for this event so nice to know how people finished up. (We were intrigued that they were filming "Dickinson's Real Deal" at the leisure centre and had a good nosy while we were waiting for competitors to arrive.)
Good luck at the championships!

Goya

Visit site
Well done!

My son did Tet in Area 6 too. We had great fun and the camararderie was brilliant. We used to love doing them.

Congratulations on qualifying for the Champs.

NR99

Visit site
NR99 - I did the intermediate and yeah so I'm told, you don't happen to have any pictures of the course do you? I'd be really interested to see it. Hope your daughter does well at her qualifier, it would be lovely to meet you :)

I'm not going to be a lot of help, as on the day of the ride I was a nervous wreck and my friend took over with her camera and did a lovely montage for R that is too big to scan. But the photos below might give you a bit of an idea. All I can say is whatever happens you will have a ball, the camaraderie is great, the kids had a fab time at the party and enjoyed the whole weekend massively despite the rain. R has a tall order this time as an individual and has just come out of 33 exams so not trained hard. Our ind boy is expected to qualify though so we will go to cheer him on if we don't manage it, so would be lovely to meet you. For further info try 'You Tube'

RHIA077-1.jpg

RHIA079.jpg

RHIA084.jpg

RHIA085.jpg

RHIA080.jpg

And no matter how hard the run is, it will be worth it for this :D;)
RHIA114.jpg

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Jeeeesus NR99, are those just the intermediate fences?! :eek: I think I'd die!

Well done on qualifying PO :D I always wanted to do tetrathlon but never got chance due to my branch not doing it, then when they tried to set up a team Bronts went lame... So will just have to try for Modern Pentathlon at uni, but then you don't go XC :( But you do get fencing and sometimes the run is on a proper track :p Good luck for the championships :D

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Well done OP. I used to do tetrathlon many moons ago. It used to kill me as a teenager!

That course looks lovely ( the OP's). The int champs course pictures look frightening. Love how the girls on the photos of the fences are not stressed at all!

NR99

Visit site
The int champs course pictures look frightening. Love how the girls on the photos of the fences are not stressed at all!

They were taken two days before, once the first days phases had taken place they were considerably less relaxed as the riding approached :)

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Thank you all! :D
Flipflop5 - Yeah I'm doing the novice, you?

I'm only allowed to do Open as an associate, so just doing the non pc intermediate :)