Something different for showing!!

HOWEN

Visit site
Last month I got bought back my Welsh Section D, well OH did for my Christmas prezzie after some arm twisting. I sold him as 2yrs old and now he is rising 4. He is from Nebo lines and quite an eye catching dark chestnut with Flaxen mane and tail. Quite a few of my showing friends have now said I should definitely get him in the ring and show him off. So I am now searching the internet for a new outfit for myself and him. Has anyone got any pictures they could post of showing their section Ds ridden and in hand so I can get some inspiration? Don’t shoot me down, I know but I really want something different for in hand, yes I am actually think pink tweed! I just like to go against the grain and stand out.

sychnant

Visit site
I think green and brown tweeds with a navy velvet hat if ridden are actually more correct... if you are aiming for any higher than local showing I don't think pink tweed will help you, Welsh showing is very traditional :)

Brandy

Visit site
I was always told by my friend who judges PUK etc, that you don;t want to stand out in that way. You will more often than not be immediately dismissed as someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

You can get some lovely tweeds with a nice orange stripe through for example, different, but understated.

Wouldn't do pink.

Lolo

Visit site
I was always told by my friend who judges PUK etc, that you don;t want to stand out in that way. You will more often than not be immediately dismissed as someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

You can get some lovely tweeds with a nice orange stripe through for example, different, but understated.

Wouldn't do pink.

I saw a stunning dark green tweed with deep pink stripe through it with the lining in the same pink if you were sure you wanted to go against the grain that much? It looked very smart, and whilst a bit out there not enough you'll be dismissed as being a bit odd. Showing is all about conformity!

katastrophykat

Visit site
There are pics of my D in CR at the mo, but here we are- I like to stand out, but this is where I really have to blend in! My tweed has an orange over check.

IMG_2880.jpg

The orange tie is considered OTT in M and M showing!! I'm looking for a darker one as we speak. What colour is your D?

HOWEN

Visit site
Lovely welshy you have, and I love the orange!! I am just sick of looking the same, it just so boring so thought i would mix it up a little. I know most my friends that are into showing and take it so serious think I am totally nuts. By the way what saddle have you got?

katastrophykat

Visit site
I think that one is the derby house samber. I need a chunky one to balance out my chunky thighs a bit!! :D

Looks like this-

54014a42.jpg

I did have a straighter cut one but this one makes me feel a bit safer- I hadn't ridden in a show saddle before- I've had years on an event saddle!! Felt like I was falling off the front for a while :D