Something to make feed tasty?

ApolloStorm

Visit site
So my Tb is out on good grass and has a big net at night, he is a good weight and gets 3/4 scoop Alfa a Oil, and his joint supplement, all wet down. And only once a day at night. He doesnt touch it as it first goes down, he will eventually eat it over night but sometimes some is left and ideally he needs to be getting all the supplement in. I don't mind changing to a *tastier* chaff when this bag runs out but in the mean time id like something to add to make it a bit more yummy?
He usually wolfs down his feed at previous yards so the good grass is obviously keeping him full!

Griffin

Visit site
Apple juice is often quite successful. You could also try adding a scoop of a hedgerow herb mix to make it taste it bit more exciting. Micronised linseed has also worked well for me in the past.

McFluff

Visit site
I drop a couple of polos in when I wet the feed. Then leave to soak while I’m riding then feed. Seems to help as she’s not very impressed at her minerals (coat is looking fab though!).

JJS

Visit site
My OAP is the fussiest eater around but bran is his poison. Give Six some TopSpec High Fibre Mash and he'll eat it no matter what's hidden inside!

jnb

Visit site
D&H Winter Mash, yet to find anything that doesn't scoff it down. My mum's old Cushing's horse went off his feed after a Prascend dose increase....Winter Mash straight down the hatch and clamouring for more. :)

zola89

Visit site
The obvious one is molasses but depending on his temperament you might not want to try that! I've had success with turmeric plus it's good for their joints! Or mint, as others have said.

Annagain

Visit site
If he's not hungry, I'd just give him the same supplements in a smaller feed. My boy's not greedy and won't eat all his feed in one go but will pick at it all night, along with his hay. He went through a phase of leaving some so I cut it down and he's now eating it all. I'll up it again when the grass goes - we still have a fair bit at the moment.

ponios

Visit site
Spillers Speedy mash smells like apple lickits. My horses love it, in fact they love it so much it that if i give it to them when they have to be brought in and stabled alone that they forget that they are needy neddies and stick theirs heads straight down.

ApolloStorm

Visit site
I offered him some of my friends spillers speedi mash earlier and he wolfed it down so going to buy a bag tommorow.
I don't really think I can get away with giving him much smaller feed! he only gets one and a small amount of the chaff.. but we've found a solution so thank you for all suggestions!