Sooo annoyed, Bean's shoe..

showjump2003

Visit site
shoee.jpg

shoee2.jpg

Notice how it isn't attached to Bean? But is still attached to half her hoof?! Ok, well maybe not half but you see what I mean?! I'm sooooo annoyed! My poor horses lovely feet!

She was only shod 4 weeks ago. Found the shoe in her stable this morning. Really worried now that we won't be able to put a shoe back on because there won't be enough hoof for the nails
mad.gif
frown.gif

S_N

Visit site
Your farrier should be able to put a shoe on - B did something similar in the summer, though she didn't loose her shoe, she did loose part of her hoof wall, where the integrity was compromised after an old coronet injury grew out. My farrier put 2 nails in different places and then put glue filler over the area where she had lost the hoof wall, waited for that to be almost dry and put 2 more nails through that - worked a treat.

brightmount

Visit site
You may have a bit of White Line Disease for the wall to have come away like that. As a precaution I would be inclined to soak the hoof in a solution of 50% Milton (liquid) for 10 minutes, a couple of times at least while the shoe is off. It should kill any bug in there.

TGM

Visit site
What does she get up to in her stable overnight
shocked.gif
!? Don't worry too much though - you'll be surprised what desperate looking hooves a good farrier can nail a shoe back onto!

showjump2003

Visit site
Her feet are normally really good hence being a bit suprised that she pulled the shoe.
Just been out and had another look at her hoof and smothered it in cornucresine! lol

Not seen white line disease before nor do I have milton? I will ask my farrier about it when he comes.

ladylisa

Visit site
i had trouble all summer with my horse loosing shoes and taking her hoof with it! and then smashing it up even more waiting for the farrier to come, but he always surprised me and managed to get it back on again!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Dont worry my mare has just done the exact same thing yesterday, for the 3rd time. Every time she gets to 5 weeks it happens to the same hoof!!! farrier never has a problem with putting it back on though there is always just enough hoof, it should be fine!

LauraBR

Visit site
The first week I had my first horse he got beaten up in the field- lost a shoe and literally half his hoof went with it- farrier slapped it back on again no worries.
grin.gif

pagancluf

Visit site
My horses feet - or inablility to keep a shoe on is my main prob - tried farriers formula for one yar - NO - now tried pro feet - Dont like the taste.... tried everything from keretex (not good) to Kevin Bacon, spent so much money on feet etc... dnk what else to do - keep on shoes for 3 weeks then BOTH lose a shoe at the same time?!?!?!??! Any ideas?!?!

KatB

Visit site
I'm probably on slight overkill, but use a balancer that has Biotin in it for feet, plus NAF Biotin aswell. You can see the ridges down his feet where strong horn is growing. Alfa is brilliant for feet aswell, you can see the difference since his diet has changed. Fingers crssed will be shoe holding horn!!
crazy.gif