Soppy post

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Pony had the physio and they commented on how much muscle she’d built. Our schooling has improved massively recently and I even popped a little jump a couple of times. We’ve moved to a fab yard on diy and she has so much more turnout and grass and every day our bond is getting stronger.

I’ve cut her feed by 50%, taken her back shoes off and she’s hasn’t seen a rug in the last month (apart from the torrential rain day).

Just so happy pony wise at the moment (work wise is a literal hell hole but can’t win them all eh). Would love to hear of anyone else’s pony breakthroughs.

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
Awww lovely!

My connemara pony hasn't been right since I bought him as a gangly googly eyed 4yo 2 years ago to do dressage. After 2 years trying various interventions and having numerous frustrating set backs (vets, physio, chiro etc) he was finally diagnosed earlier this year. He has congenitally malformed stifle joints with a touch of osteoarthritis in one and I thought that was it - he will only ever be an adorable happy hacker (which incidentally he loves). Anyway out of the blue I decided to take him along to a riding club dressage show last Sunday - all low key & casual - so he could keep my other horse company and get some exposure to other horses and a different environment. Well this little guy only went and won his class (intro) didn't he!!! And this despite a severe lack of schooling and one short practice session the day before (he just can't be schooled under saddle - it doesn't do him any good and he can really struggle). Lets just say I am one proud mummy right now!!!trot (2).png

Leo Walker

Visit site
My lovely little pony cob who has been an absolute witch of late has come out of season and it back to being an absolute delight. We've not done any driving for about a month now, but harnessed her up and did a 3 mile jaunt down the road. First time out from a new yard and we have to drive down a narrow lane between the other horses and the alpacas paddocks, both of which went beserk and chased us, Bobbie didnt care.

We saw lots of traffic include a group of motorbikes out for a drive, cyclists, vans and tons of cars and she didnt miss a beat. She did go a bit googly eyed at the hump back bridge over the canal but she has never seen anything like that before, so I'm pleased she went over and didnt break stride. Shes only 5 and has only been out on the roads 9 times, so it was a pretty good drive all round! I'm hoping that shes back to normal after the season from hell as I like this Bobbie much better than the hormal monster we had last week!

oldie48

Visit site
I love to read happy posts, keep them coming! I also adore connies, there's one advertised in H&H today which caught my eye and if I didnt have Rose i would be very tempted!!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
My lovely little pony cob who has been an absolute witch of late has come out of season and it back to being an absolute delight. We've not done any driving for about a month now, but harnessed her up and did a 3 mile jaunt down the road. First time out from a new yard and we have to drive down a narrow lane between the other horses and the alpacas paddocks, both of which went beserk and chased us, Bobbie didnt care.

We saw lots of traffic include a group of motorbikes out for a drive, cyclists, vans and tons of cars and she didnt miss a beat. She did go a bit googly eyed at the hump back bridge over the canal but she has never seen anything like that before, so I'm pleased she went over and didnt break stride. Shes only 5 and has only been out on the roads 9 times, so it was a pretty good drive all round! I'm hoping that shes back to normal after the season from hell as I like this Bobbie much better than the hormal monster we had last week!

If she's not already on it, I find Agnus Castus really damps down my little mare's strong seasons.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
If she's not already on it, I find Agnus Castus really damps down my little mare's strong seasons.

I was looking into this! I currently have my mare on oestress and not sure how much difference it is making. Am i better off buying pure Agnus castus then?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
At my dressage lesson I was asked to do shoulder in which neither me or Amber have ever tried before. But she understood straight away and just did it for me beautifully. I love it when we understand each other and can communicate. Feels so satisfying.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I was looking into this! I currently have my mare on oestress and not sure how much difference it is making. Am i better off buying pure Agnus castus then?

It's also called chasteberry, already in Oestress, but you might check the quantity. The dose for a 600kg horse is 20g a day of Agnus Castus by itself.

Denbob

Visit site
Had the lovely massage lady out to D last night, he has previously had abysmal posture (likely as a result of guarding past painful spots) but now instead of standing like a ballerina behind and stepping on his own feet he's standing out and square, his quads are much more even and he's much looser through his lumbar region. She said she thinks he's the most remarkable rapid improvement she's seen in a while! So much so she's gutted she didn't take before and after pictures - star client award for me and the chunky monkey for keeping up with exercises. A truly redeeming end to what had been a vile day.