Sore feet

Henmen

Visit site
We have to walk down the road a bit to get to and from her paddock, and shes getting sore feet from it, im reluctent to put shoes on JUST to walk to the paddock! Can anyone please recommend any supplements or anything that will help her?
How long will it take to 'harden' them??

Salcey

Visit site
Keratex hoof hardener. I used it on my mare whilst she was being broken in as she got foot sore and we couldn't get a farrier near her. It worked really well. You are meant to paint it on the sole, but as she was so sore, we soaked her feet in it in poultice boots - worked brilliantly.
Now using it on our pony that tends to get abcesses this time of year from the gravel on the road. Touch wood seems to be working!

Henmen

Visit site
Briliiant, thank you
smile.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
Have the shoes been off long? I've just taken Ty's off and within a couple of days he was already getting better - I put him on 1 bute a day for a couple of days as he wasn't being ridden anyway.

I've been told by my farrier not to put any Keretex on the frog itself as it stops it breathing - annoying thing is that's usually the bit that gets sore!

Good luck xxx

Nailed

Visit site
sore feet, her feet have probably gone soft from the damp, keratex will work but i aint a fan of it. Vasaline on the sole will stop so much damp getting in and will harden it alittle.

If she hasnt had them off long i would be tempted to give her one bute a day or to that effect just to take the edge off.
lou x