Sore head... spawn of satan Ivy strikes again...

Gingernags

Visit site
Had the farrier due yesterday, got to the farm before sister so I got the headcollars and set off downto the field. Asti came running (for once, lately she refuses to come near me for fear of fly spray and suncream!!)

Put her head collar on and threw rope over her neck (I know, bad habit). Put Ivy's headcollar on, tied rope round her neck - at which point Asti b*ggered off. Not like her at all. Ivy deciding to be nice just followed me down the field to recapture Asti - who decided she was having none of it and galloped off. Ivy was still being good but naturally seing her 2 field companions galloping round, followed them.

By this point Asti's lead rope was round her legs (my fault entirely but Asti never ever does this kind of thing!).

Sister arrived and after another 5 mins of mad flinging round the field, I got hold of the ginger delinquent one, sister caught poorly legged brown one (not that she seems to be feeling any pain!!!) and we let the spawn of satan follow along on her own, lead rope still round her neck, following along quietly like a little angel.

Then *BANG* something mashes my ear to the side of my head, nearly knocking me out and I see stars for several minutes. Ivy, completely out of the blue and unprovoked - launched herself at Asti's near side (I was leading on the off side inbetween Asti and the fence). The evil one must have grabbed hold of her face and headcollar (broke heacollar and cut her face) and Asti tried to get out of the way and hit me.

Little b*stard. She REALLY flew for her. So I have a sore head, and my lovely leather headcollar that was my 21st birthday pressie (a long time ago) is broken. I'm just glad I wasn't leading at the near side, or she'd have got ME.

I think its been decided that once R gets her new horse at our yard, Ivy-Spawn-Of-Satan-headcollar-killer and basher of heads - is going on a little holiday, to visit her brothers and sisters and learn some herd discipline - which is never going to happen at home. Either that or I'm going to kill the little madam...

Alibear

Visit site
Oops well you can't exactly blame her for telling naughty Autny Asti off, but... I think the little holiday plan for her would be a very good one.

Sounds like you have an Alpha Mare in the making there (or what ever it is they are calling them these days).