Sore in downwards transitions - help! Also in vet

Switchthehorse

darcyandme.wordpress.com
Any ideas on a horse that is really sore in downwards transitions behind but not lame at any other time?

She is pretty much fine canter to trot but trot to walk she will dip her bottom, take strange half steps and keep jogging before collapsing into walk but only behind - she is sound in front

This is ridden, in hand, and in the field!

She was 1/10th lame behind about a week ago but physio seems to have sorted that but she is still sore in the transitions.

Vet says sacroiliac, physio says unlikely - more likely muscular in back or hip. Doesnt seem to be getting much better with light inhand work

Any ideas? Thanks!

ChwaraeTeg

Visit site
The vets and the physios should know their businesses. I am absolutely no expert, even if I saw your mare in action,I probably still wouldn't be much help, but a little thought occurred - How are her "lady bits"
This video was made by Hartpury College
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8OOKkshKHQ
It probably does not apply to your horse, but it was just a thought.
Perhaps another vet or physio may have another opinion.
Hope you soon find the answer.
Teg :)

Last edited:

Switchthehorse

darcyandme.wordpress.com
Thanks that video was really interesting, but sadly I don't think it applies to my girl as she is on regumate - still really interesting to watch though!

Agree the vet and physio should know what they are talking about that is why i am so confused!!