Sore legs

emfen1305

Visit site
I’m really struggling with my cobs front legs at the moment, they are sore an scabby and feel a bit warm around the worst bits. I usually manage it using heel to hoof but it’s really messy and I think it was attracting the flies so I stopped and started using E45 thinking it would help with the flakiness but I think it has made them worse. I’ve reclipped tonight to get some air to them and just left them as at a loss of what to do - does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• FDB40C7D-1BCC-4DBE-93BF-98CB4F74827F.jpeg
    FDB40C7D-1BCC-4DBE-93BF-98CB4F74827F.jpeg
    979.9 KB · Views: 9

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
My mare suffers with mallanders on the back of her front legs, I've tried everything and settled on Centraban cream. You can get it from the pharmacy and it comes in a huge pump bottle, it's for eczema and dry skin and it's not greasy. My mares legs are healed and hair is growing back now :)

emfen1305

Visit site
My mare suffers with mallanders on the back of her front legs, I've tried everything and settled on Centraban cream. You can get it from the pharmacy and it comes in a huge pump bottle, it's for eczema and dry skin and it's not greasy. My mares legs are healed and hair is growing back now :)

Thank you, this was my thinking behind the e45 but they seem to have got much worse since using it, they are definitely the worst they have been at the moment just feel so sorry for him it can’t be nice 😔

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
E45 contains lanolin, which some skin (including mine!) reacts to. You could try udder cream, or if necessary until the current problem clears up Flamazine from your vet. Silver cream is good too.

emfen1305

Visit site
E45 contains lanolin, which some skin (including mine!) reacts to. You could try udder cream, or if necessary until the current problem clears up Flamazine from your vet. Silver cream is good too.

And Buddy's so it seems, they were very pink and a bit swollen, poor bugger. Get a hardy cob they said! I was thinking about Flamazine, will see if they get a bit better without me messing with them, I expect I have cause the problem (again!)