Sorry - a trailer how much

ecrozier

Visit site
Right, going to be selling my trailer in the new year as we now have a lorry....got to hang on to it til I pass my HGV, but that is booked for Jan now.
Just wondered what it is worth?
It is a red 1998 Ifor 505R Hunter, with the centrally hung partition. All the usuals like rubber matting etc, floor is a wooden one but local dealership said last spring it was OK and didn't need replacing yet, when it does will be about £350 to put an alloy one in. They also said it is in v good condition for year, if you didn't know it was 8 years old, you'd never guess!
So in good condition, a few scratches high up on one side from low trees on the drive, but otherwise v well looked after, lady I bought it from had it from new and used it about 20 times as her horse hated it! Plus her friend had a lorry so she went everywhere in that!
I have used it about once a week in last year, all electrics, brakes etc work perfectly.
Also will sell with hitch lock, wheel lock, single breast bar (used twice), and ifor tack pack (green). All original documents etc.
Bit sad selling it really, but needed lorry for oversized new horse!
I was thinking of advertising for £1900, does that sound about right? In SE by the way, so prices fairly high round here i think?
confused.gif

ihatework

Visit site
£1900 sounds high to me but then I wouldn't be interested in the tack pack.
For an 8yo trailer with wooden floor I'd be looking at around £1500.

ecrozier

Visit site
Hmm, maybe I should stick it in paper for £1750 then. So hard to know! Will go trawl ebay and see if any similar are going and for what prices...

dixie

Visit site
Ifor's sell very quickly around here. My feeling was around £1600 to £1700. You could try selling the tack pack separately - I'm sure you could easily get £100+ for it.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Hold onto it until around March & you'll get a better price for it. They always make more money in the spring as people want them to do the season with.
smile.gif