Sorry! Another CV thread - Cancelled events?

Expo

Visit site
You are being very sensible Winters100. If people are offended by social distancing then it's their problem. I do not know where you live but I think UK is sleepwalking into a disaster because the calibrated steps it is taking rely on data about numbers affected. It is no longer testing people! So how does that work?

I don't think it's strictly correct today the UK isn't testing anyone. It is my understanding that we are testing people with clear/severe symptoms, in a hospital setting, rather than people with vague/mild symptoms. (I may be wrong though ....... i'm sure if I am, someone will be along shortly to correct me.).

Winters100 - also not sure where you are but I wish you well.

CavaloBranco

Visit site
Yes, I think that you are right Expo. My point was that you cannot base a national escalation of responses without knowing the data. We have taken the somewhat extraordinary step of only testing people in hospital. The instruction is now "stay at home and only contact NHS if your symptoms worsen." That is understandable but will give a totally false picture.
My son had a sore throat and temperature last week. He has isolated for 7 days. Has he had the virus? Is he now immune? His lab at Cancer Institute has closed anyway but can he visit...I have serious health issues?

Finlib

Visit site
A new statement on Badminton website reading between the lines it looks to me like they are going to cancel.