sorry, another how much **for insurance purposes**

showjump2003

Visit site
Just had the dreaded insurance renewal letter and I'm thinking about ringing around for a better quote and upping my horses value prises. I know I will have to prove to the company why they have gone up in value but I can do that lol.

So, I ill give a very honest and brief description of each horse and I would be greatful if you could give me an estimate of worth as I currently have them very under valued on my insurance policy.

1. 15.3hh bay mare. 14 years old. Perfect alrounder, excels in showjumping, has done bsja and will be again soon. No injuries or vices, very pretty. Safe and loves to jump, always in the ribbons so to speak.

2. 14.3hh very pretty dun mare. 15 years old. Benn there done that type of pony. Done all pc activities, loved to jump and xc. Still as fit/active as she was 10 years ago, no injuries or vices.

3. Fat coloured cob! lol 15.2hh 13 year old irish coloured cob. She is broken to ride and is the safest thing ever, used to do hacking for the disabled but she isn't really ridden anymore through no fault of her own, just because of lack of rider. Still fit and able but we just keep her as a pet/companion but she could be thrown in to full work tomorrow if a rider was found!

Would be interested in you opinions on value. None of them will ever be sold but at the moment they are literrally insured for next to nothing.

Rambo

Visit site
As a wild guess....

1) £3.5k to £4k

2) £3k to £3.5k

3) £2k to £2.5k

I fully expect to be shot down though
shocked.gif

burtie

Visit site
1:)2.5K
2:)2K
3:)2K

Given the age and type/size I think you would be wasting your money to insure for more as it's unlikely the underwriters would pay out much more than that I'm afraid.
Better of putting any difference in Premium into a savings account somewhere, especially as you are insuring 3 of them!

Peanot

Visit site
I find that with insurance companies, unless you are insuring for LOU then it is best to insure for lower as the premium is lower. This still covers Vets fees etc. If you are insuring against LOU, then yes, you have to go for what they are worth to get it back.