SORRY ANOTHER - WHAT PRICE??? POST

CobMania

Visit site
samson.jpg

Just wondering what everyone would pay for this handsome 15.3hh 14 year old gelding

CobMania

Visit site
Hes not done anything, that was his first and last show, was a cobby class and he was placed 5th out of 8 apparently.

Was used by an elderly woman for hacking out, or for that young girl to ride with friends.

Apparently he is bombproof (good for teaching hubby)

Kelly1982

Visit site
Depends what he is done, what he is like on the roads, to shoe, clip, box etc

Got anymore details??

He looks lovely though

Kelly1982

Visit site
I would say slight more and pay about £3-£3,500

He looks a lovely sort and like he would do well in showing or just as a confidence giver, horses like are hard to find

CobMania

Visit site
Have rode him, very lazy horse lol, and not a very good jumper but would only be for hacking out etc.

Very good with traffic, had no choice but to ride him on a main road and he was brill. Hubby had a go and even managed a wee trot (all proud).

My only reserve is that they dont know what hes like turned out with other horses, they say hes good with farrier etc.

Didnt really want to get something thats 14, ok hes just turned 14.

Woman is near 6ft and said she wants something bigger as she feels too small on him

Parkranger

Visit site
If he is on his own without any other horsey company you'd probably notice a difference in personality once putting him in with other horses.....

CobMania

Visit site
The horse is going for £2750, im trying to talk her down a little.

He was turned out alone as they live on a farm and dont have another horse

CobMania

Visit site
The woman is really nice, she has offered to let me have him on loan, but she wants me to put him in a competition yard that is nearby, its filled with youngsters and i wouldnt be happy with that, or the £75 a week livery!!!

My hubby is going to take lessons so i wanted to put him at a local riding stables were im good friends with the owners, the livery is £35 a week, and that is stabled at night, use of arena and turn out during the day, or stabled if its too bad

Baileysno1

Visit site
Generally potential buyers would write this horse off for being 14 I'd play on that a bit offer her 2 and get him vetted. I bought my vetran (who was advertised for £2750 was 13 at the time) for only £250 because he failed the vet on an old injury, I took the risk and bought him best decision ever as he has turned into a super fun allrounder.

CobMania

Visit site
The horse im riding now is 11 years old, didnt want to go over that, however if I got a horse I know it would be with me for life, so age isnt a major factor, shalt tell her though lol

severnmiles

Visit site
If he was a 5y.o I'd pay 4k but seeing as he's 14y.o I'd probably only pay 3k!

He is lovely though, he'd be nice for hunting!

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
But he has 4 white socks - surely that knocks off a grand? haa haa ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why???

If I remember rightly the riddle goes, '1 white sock buy it, 2 white socks try it, 3 white socks pass it by, 4 white socks until I die'

Or is it just as they're hard to keep clean?

CobMania

Visit site
There isnt any badness in him, apparently he does ride out well by himself or with other horses.

He didnt do a thing wrong with me and hubby seemed happy.

Going to wait a while and have a good think, if hes gone then hes gone, wasnt meant to be

riotgirl

Visit site
I always got told: One - buy it, two - try it, three - suspect it, four - reject it. Sounds about right - my Welshie has 3 white socks, and is highly suspect!
grin.gif

CobMania

Visit site
I dont like hunting so he wouldnt be used for that, im totally against it.

Can we not class him as a skewbald as he does have a white belly, lol

goeslikestink

www.hozhatz.co.uk
get him vetted as hes old if he has problems depending what they are then you can knock her down for them 2750 not bad but he is older horse --

if say hes has the odd lump or wingalls or splints not a problem but look avetting can save you heaps -- in the long run
so get him vetted then decided
horse hasnt done anything so not proven competition but is kind and boomproof so good 1st i would offer nearer 2000--

does he come with tack for 2750 -- or with out

bit tack a rugs then maybe -2250--500, drop isnt much really