Sorry, 'How much' ....

EllieBeast

Visit site
... For insurance purposes - not selling the old toad yet!!

Hi all, i am debating as to whether i should change the insured amount for my horse.
Stats
15.3hh Middleweight IDx. 11 yrs old, relatively well schooled - can do a nice test. Excels at jumping, always clear xc (won and placed up to 3'6" - could do higher) vary rarely over optimum time. (won and placed sj up to 3'6" again, could go higher). Saint to hack, absolute angel to handle in and out of the stable. great fun at pony club although can be strong. Has also successfully hunted.

Im not sure if i will up the insurance, depends on premiums etc.

Thanks in advance for any imput.

burtie

Visit site
Worth bearing in mind that if you want to up the cover then most companies will ask you to get an independant expert to write to advise that they agree the horse is now worth xxx amount extra.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Lol! nope, the poor begger is stuck with me! Forgot to add that she jumps higher at home, and xc schools higher too.
How is the lurvely PF? i saw her romance post! PMSL!

EllieBeast

Visit site
Thanks Burtie. im just dipping a toe in the water to see if there is any point. i bought the horse 5 years ago, and i doubt i could get another for the amount she is insured for (purchase price). then will run it through some quoters to see if there is any point.

EllieBeast

Visit site
I suppose so PF, TBH im probably only asking this because im bored and want something to do! And i know my dad mentioned it a while back. TBH im not sure if i do have LOU - will check and see

burtie

Visit site
I agree with PF, I looked into upping my youngsters insurance now he is being backed but it is just not worth it. Death is not covered for financial reasons anyway only humane ground. So if a horse can still be a hack you cannot put it down. I cannot insure for LOU yet as he is not broken, and even when he is it is very expensive. His value is only in his breeding and potential as a showjumper, so really insurance would be a total waste of money in my case as unless he just dropped dead (yes I know it happens) I wouldn't actually be covered for much
crazy.gif

EllieBeast

Visit site
Ah, completely understand. TBH if i lost El then i doubt that i would ever find something like her again - she is vv special to me so trying to replace like for like would feel plain wrong.
Well, breeding is something my horse doesnt have going for her! (at least not that i know of) im pretty sure she is Donkey x Pit pony!

dieseldog

Visit site
We upped our spotty horses insurance as we had paid next to nothing for him and he now jumps Foxhunters and has got about 5 BE points. As well as getting people to write that he is worth more we also had to get him 5 stage vetted.