Sorry really numpty question!

marinitagsd

www.marinita-sportshorses.com
As some of you are probably aware I used to ride racehorses back in the 80s, early 90s and competed showjumping and crosscountry as a teenager but back then, gawd I feel old now, there wasn't all the "leg aids" like there is now so even though I can ride and known for having glue on my bottom I am unsure on leg aids for dressage. My girl is quite well trained to this and can do half passes, flying changes etc but what I need to know are the actual aids to do this i.e. left pass, where should my legs be, turning solely by the legs etc
I feel like a complete idiot now! lol
Thanks
Anita
x

rcm_73

Visit site
I suggest get a good instructor and/or a good book! I also used to ride racehorses and the transition is quite confusing!! I've been delving to loads of books and kind of picking it up along the way, it helps too if you have an instructor or someone that actually can ride dressage moves to show you how!

Tnavas

Visit site
The BHS book 'EQUITATION Training of Rider and Horse to Advanced Levels' is really good. It very clearly gives you the riders aids and also what you should expect from each movement and why and how.

It's so easy to read too as it is in points rather than big longwinded chapters.