Sorry to make a new post....failed vetting update

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
Got my vet (from the Royal Vet college) to have a look at Sophie, as a result of her failed flexion test.

The result, nothing wrong. He repeated a flexion test, lunged on concrete and trotted up several times. But seen nothing wrong.

Happy that I was right, and not selling a duff horse. But equally not impressed that I have lost a lovely home.

Time to re-advertise
frown.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Well at least you've gotton to the bottom of it and theres nothing wrong! Would the people who had her vetted not be interested in her now?

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
Even though she couldn't see anything wrong yesterday. My vet said it's very unlikely she will go against her vet. But never the less, I have given her contact details of my vet in case she wishes to confirm todays findings.

lizzieuk1

Visit site
oh so fustrating, i really wonder how much use flexion tests really are, bet if you asked 5 diff vets to do the flexion on diff days they'd all have diff opinions! i think if someone held my leg up and conmpressed the joints then made me run immediatly i'd be a bit uncomfortable!

sunnie

New User
Visit site
Capt. Horace Hayes, the writer of my vet bible, says that many sound horses will take a few lame steps after a flexion.

_jetset_

Visit site
I hate flexion tests and find them completely backwards when veterinary techniques have come so far! If you held my leg up like that in an unnatural position I can guarantee I would also find it hard walking out normally because all your muscles, tendons, ligaments etc will have contracted! I personally thing they should be walked out a few steps rather than trotted straight off...

Anyway, now I have had my little rant, good luck in finding a new owner for your horse!