Pictures South Africa “garden route” - half day ridden mini safari

Reacher

Visit site
I have a holiday in S Africa in September doing the Cape Town / garden route ending up at Amakhala Bukela game lodge - which might have horse riding option, i was just wondering if there was anything else on the garden route on the way to the lodge.

A few years ago I had a half day mini horseback game safari at Plettenburg Game safari - which was great.

I’d like to do a similar half day (possibly full day) horse back safari on the way . I’d happily go back to Plettenburg if it is the same as before (though seen some not so good recent reviews). Has anyone been to Plet since 2019? Or I’d like to try somewhere else.

Does anyone have any RECENT recommendations- bearing in mind covid etc has changed a lot of businesses.

(Also in club house).
Photo from last time!
E47D82AF-22AB-42B8-A2B5-F6A039342825.jpeg

Last edited:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
My daughter and I were at Amakhala Woodbury lodge last week, we absolutely loved it. We didn't get as close to some of the animals as at later reserves we visited (Addo and Schotia) but we both agreed that the Amakhala experience was by far the best. We didn't do the horse riding because I am a bit creaky now but was chatting to one of the guides who also works with the horses, she was very knowledgeable and I imagine the horse trail would be as good as the rest of it. If the food at Bukela is anything like that at Woodbury be prepared to gain several pounds in a few days !