Southall Market

TessieL

Visit site
I saw this post here re: southall market, Middlesex. Just wondering if anyone has been there lately? I had the misfortune to go there when I was 12, unaware of what I was going to witness. It was a horrible experience and one I've never forgotten. Obviously from the post here in 2005, it's much the same. Just interested to know if anyone has any more recent experience?
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthreaded.php/Number/431843
Tessie xx

huggz

Visit site
I went there a couple of years back & didn't like what I saw at all
frown.gif
. Rough handling, dirty wet horses stood for hours on bare concrete etc.
Recently I've been to Reading sales & found that to be really well run with the welfare of the horses a priority....not how many horses can be crammed in.

TessieL

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Do they still run Pannal horse sale nr Harrogate? Now that was a dive, 1st time I had ever seen a pony in the flesh that had feet so long they were curling upwards!

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard of it. Was it run by the same people as Southall?

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
No not to my knowledge, but it was full of the same sort of people! What struck me was that the RSPCA inspectors were more interested in the tack auction then checking out the poor animals! The worst sight was seeing a 2yr old colt never been handled being dragged one end while being beaten with a walking stick the other. The poor thing leapt off the ground landed on his side then was beaten to his feet. Needless to say I did not keep my mouth shut, & was dragged away by friends. I have to say that I never witnessed anything like these scenes at Melton, though I am sure others would say different.