Southern Boxing day meets-meet up?

seabiscuit

Visit site
Who is going hunting on boxing day in the south??

If there is anyone that would like to meet up at Kingsclere for the Berks and Bucks draghunt meet please PM me!I will be taking new racing pony along.....(god give me strength!)
Or I was thinking about going to the Hursley Hambledon meet but do not know where they are meeting up yet ( does anyone know?!)

Bossanova

Visit site
No way am I taking her on boxing day- it'd blow her mind bless her! Should be 100 odd mounted. Temporarily cant remember the name of where they meet but it's just outside Salisbury and generally a lovely occaision.
Big horsey (well ok he's only 16hh but thats sort of big!) is a friend's horse she bought to hunt/event but he's been a bit green out hunting- I had a fab day on him the other week though so may take him again
smile.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
We thought about going to Kingsclere as my sister won a hunter trial there in the autumn and the prize was a day ticket with the berks and bucks draghounds. I saw an article on them in horse magazine and now I'm not too sure about accompanying her when she uses said ticket!

We're going with the surrey union, much safer option I think
smile.gif

ihatework

Visit site
I wanna go to Kingsclere, not fair!
mad.gif
mad.gif
Do you think if I back Rods this week he might be ready
crazy.gif

Have fun though, boxing day is just the best time to go out! Hows the new fella settled in?

seabiscuit

Visit site
Ooo er sounds very sucpiscious RobinHood what on earth did this article say?!! Either way I think I will go because at least there will be lots of baby jumping to do and riding on good turf, instead of hours of road trotting and the odd hedge that is waay to big!

seabiscuit

Visit site
PMSL go for it
smile.gif
I am sure R thinks he is two years older than he actually is anyway!!
Could you not borrow that grey job you rode at Hoplands when I saw your car?!

New pony is great-! We had a very dodgy start-but is now just improving in leaps and bounds every day.We had the most awesome trot this morning out hacking- just floating along with real lightness and balance!He has a fab brain,is totally honest and genuine, am really enjoying him
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Fab- are you taking Mr Winston or the Hon. Mr Snoop?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Winno
smile.gif

He would hate to be left at home!

Update on the new chap please - hows his teeth?

ihatework

Visit site
Glad to hear the new boy is progressing well!

I had considered seeing if I could take the grey, is unlikely to be a pleasant experience mind you, little gobshite! Owner has been riding in a myler combo which seems to be okay so might ask, but I expect owner would want her out with the foxhounds rather than draghounds.

dizzydolly

Visit site
The Wilton Boxing Day meet is always at the Yew Tree Inn in Odstock, actually meet in a paddock just along the road, its a good meet from there, quite a few tiger traps and hunt jumps to do, no hedges though as usual, and the ground is very flinty, but thats usual for our country! I'm gutted to be missing it this year.